For owners of the L3 Multimaximizer TDM or Native, Waves offers an attractively priced upgrade path to the L3-16 Multimaximizer Native plug-in.
The L3-16 Multimaximizer is a plug-in that performs multi-band peak limiting. The plug-in divides the audio source into sixteen variable bands and utilizes a patent-pending "Peak Limiting Mixer" (PLMixer) engine.
Unlike most wide band limiters, the L3-16 uses linear phase crossover filters to divide the audio spectrum into the sixteen bands. The PLMixer then uses psychoacoustic criteria to intelligently decide how much attenuation to apply to each band so that all available headroom is used.
The result is that inter-modulation is minimized and overall loudness is maximized, while brick-wall limiting is still maintained. Also included in the package are the Native versions of the L3 Multimaximizer and Ultramaximizer, and the L3LL Multimaximizer and Ultramaximizer.
Note! L3-16 is a Native (RTAS) application only. Requires an iLok if one is not present on the system.
Requires an iLok if one is not present on the system.
- Intuitive Paragraphic interface with frequency, Q, and filter-type controls
- Built-in linear phase equalizer
- Linear phase filtering for maximum output, free of phase distortion
- ARC Automatic Release Control across the band-split spectrum
- IDR Increased Digital Resolution with double precision bit re-quantization and 9th-order noise shaping
- Thirty-four Release Character presets for mastering and sound design
- Mac Native plug-in support includes RTAS, AudioSuite, VST, Audio Units and MAS (DP5 only without automation) for PPC computers and RTAS, VST, Audio Units for Intel based Macs
- Windows Native plug-in support includes RTAS, AudioSuite, VST and DirectX formats