The Sea & Sea DX-1G Underwater Digital Camera is actually a kit that includes a Sea & Sea housing that is rated to a depth of 164' (50 m), along with the Sea & Sea DX-1G camera. Since this camera has a shutter lag time of only 0.1, sec. it is well suited for underwater use. Of course, the camera is also ideal for snorkeling, surfing, skiing, fishing, sailing, or even certain industrial situations.
The camera features a large 2.5" TFT liquid crystal monitor. This makes framing underwater easy and fun. Since the camera has manual as well as program exposure modes you have complete control of balancing the available light to strobe light. These features along with exceptional macro capability of a 1/2" makes the DX-1G functionality and performance close to an SLR without the bulk, hassle and weight.
The Sea & Sea DX-1G housing allows access to all camera functions underwater. The camera is part of a system that includes strobes as well as a wide-angle conversion lens. This will nurture your creativity and allow expansion of your underwater photography skills.
- All functions of the DX-1G camera are available underwater.
- Wide-angle conversion lens can be directly attached to the housing with a specially designed bayonet mount.
- Dual fiber-optic cable connector sockets.
- Strong yet compact housing that's rated to a depth of 164' (50 m)
- Comes with an LCD monitor hood to improve LCD visibility
- A large 2.5" TFT liquid crystal monitor in a compact, lightweight aluminum camera body.
- 10.3 million effective pixels in a 1/1.75" primary color CCD.
- Extremely short shutter lag time of only 0.1 second. Because the shutter snaps at nearly the same instant you press the shutter button, you won't miss any more images.
- 24-72mm optical zoom
- 1/2" (1 cm) close-up photography possible without an accessory lens.
- Three exposure modes and 2 custom modes available for control over image creativity: A (Aperture Mode), P (Program Mode), M (Manual Exposure Mode) and 2 Custom modes (MY1 and MY2).
- Sea & Sea white balance mode provides color correction when shooting available light.