The Pioneer DVR-650HS Multi-System DVD-Recorder combines functionality and versatility, with abilities to record your favorite TV shows or home movies onto a slew of DVD formats, or up to 700 hours on the internal 250GB hard disc drive. Your current DVD library will look and sound better than ever before, because the DVR-650HS is a Progressive scan player capable of upconverting your DVDs to a (720p/1080i) high-definition experience.
Moreover, the DVR-650HS offers incredible features that will be hard to match. Enjoy the awesome power of Dolby Digital and DTS audio decoding, one second quick-start recording, DV (IEEE) input, and HDMI output. With world-wide features, connectivity to various A/V sources, TV Guide On Screen, TV tuner, and multiple recording and playback capabilities, your entertainment choices are endless with the Pioneer DVR-650HS.
Unit is configured with European AC Plug.
This unit requires a multi-system TV or a video converter to view PAL DVDs in the US.
- Internal 250GB Hard Disk Drive
- This unit's internal hard drive offers up to 70 hours of XP-Mode (high-resolution) recording time, and up to an amazing 700 hours of SEP mode (low resolution) recording time.
- Recordable DVD Media
- Record your favorite shows onto DVD-RW, DVD-R, DVD+RW, and DVD-RAM DVD discs. It's also compatible with DVD+R Double layer media and provides up to 14 hours of media recording.
- Multi-Format Player
- Don't worry about limited playback capabilities, the DVR-650HS can play DVD, DVD-RW (VR Mode), DVD-RW (Video Mode), DVD-R, DVD+R, DVD+RW, DVD-RAM, VCD and CD-DA discs. Also, you can play your favorite songs from CDs or MP3 files, and JPEG images.
- High Definition Multimedia Interface (HDMI)
- If you're looking to pump high-definition DVD playback into your HD displays or projectors, this unit will do the job. It has a high-bandwidth processor capable of transferring 720p or 1080i through the HDMI outputs. HDMI supports standard, enhanced, or high-definition video, plus multi-channel digital audio on a single cable.
- Progressive Scan
- This is a progressive scan DVD player, capable of scanning an entire video frame at once; scan-lines commonly associated with interlaced video are drastically reduced. The result is a spectacularly clear image with no motion artifacts (stair-stepping), and details so sharp they seem as if they're etched onto the screen.
- DV (IEEE 1394) Input
- Simply connect your digital video camera to the unit's DV input terminal, and you're ready to record images onto the internal hard disk drive or a DVD recordable disc.
- Quick Start Recording
- Thanks to high-speed quick-start, with DVD-RAM disc, you are ready to record just 1 second after switching on the power. Being able to record almost instantly means that you will never miss the Monday night kick off!
- High-Performance Outputs
- With playback specifications that meet the standards of professionals, it features a component video output for high-resolution low-distortion video playback, and an optical digital audio output for high-quality audio playback.
- Dolby Digital and DTS Sound
- It offers built-in Dolby Digital and DTS decoders capable of advanced 24-bit processing and an outstanding sampling frequency of 192KHz.