The Steiner 15x80 Military with Compass is one of their largest, highest-magnification configurations of their very bright porro prism collection. This large optic is meant for use upon a tripod, monopod, or other support, and while its performance in any light is great, it is in twilight that the 15x80 Military's especially stunning. The 15x80 design is a perfect choice for hunters of unapproachable big game, but also makes a great choice for surveillance and astronomy applications.
This version of the 15x80 Military includes Steiner's extremely-quick "HD Stabilized" (hard dampened) compass that corrects its bearing very quickly in rough seas, along with a rangefinding reticle to help determine the distance of nearby craft, lighthouses, etc.
The 15x80 Military has Steiner's revolutionary "Sports Auto Focus" system that gives expansive depth of field from 60 yards to infinity once set to the user's individual eyesight. It has tough rubber armor for both great protection and tactile feel, and includes standard peel-back rubber eyecups.
- True Mil-Spec Weatherproofing
- Defined by Steiner as 'mil-spec waterproof', the 15x80 Military is nitrogen purged, externally sealed & individually submerged to assure waterproofing. It is also tested to withstand a 70°F temperature change without internal fogging!
- Steiner's brightest porro prism binocular line, with extremely-high transmission across the entire visible spectrum
- A classic high-magnification viewer ideal for hunting, surveillance, and astronomy use
- Fully multicoated optics
- Large BaK-4 porro prisms
- Individual focusing with great depth of field
- HD-Stabilized internal compass with electronic illumination and rangefinding reticle
- Ridged, durable rubber armor on a fiber-reinforced polycarbonate housing
- Standard round fold-down eyecups
- Includes a tripod adapter
- Made in Germany