The Panasonic Lumix DMC-FX3 Digital Camera provides 6.0-megapixel resolution with a 3.0x wide angle f/2.8 Leica DC lens (equivalent to 35mm - 105mm on a 35mm film camera), It also features an Intelligent Image Stabilizer based on the renowned MEGA O.I.S. (Optical Image Stabilizer) and including Intelligent ISO control. When shooting indoor group portraits, it sometimes occurs that the room is not large enough to allow the photographer to get everyone in the frame, or the light is insufficient forcing the photographer to use a flash. However the winning combination of the Wide Angle Leica DC lens and the Intelligent Image stabilizer enable every type of user to take ideal beautiful images with everyone in the frame and without having to use the flash which would spoil the ambience of the picture. Furthermore, The Lumix DMC-FX3 is beautifully designed digital camera that is easy to use, comfortable to handle, thanks to it's slim body, and is equally appropriate at a family gathering or a formal event
- 3.0x Optical Zoom Leica DC Lens
- The DMC-FX3 camera has a 3.0x optical zoom Leica DC Vario-Elmarit Lens, and thanks to the incorporation of an EA (Extra High Refractive Index Aspherical) lens element, the camera still maintains a slim design. This wide angle lens enables easy capture of large indoor group subjects or expansive architectural structures and sceneries with dynamic width and a rich perspective. The zoom ratio can be extended up to 4.1x in 3-megapixel resolution mode thanks to the Extra Optical Zoom function which gives extra magnification (and minimal image deterioration) by intentionally using the centre part of the CCD.
- MEGA O.I.S. Image Stabilization and High Sensitivity
- The MEGA O.I.S. (Optical Image Stabilizer) system compensates for handshake - the major cause of blurred images. Every slight hand-shake movement is detected accurately with the sampling frequency at 4,000 times per second and is compensated to render clear, sharp images. Furthermore, the FX3 allows shooting at a maximum sensitivity setting of ISO 1600, with the High Sensitivity mode, which reduces image blur caused by subject movement, and especially benefits indoor photography of children or pets at fast shutter speeds.
- High Picture Quality, Quick Response Image Processing LSI: The Venus Engine Plus
- The DMC- FX3 camera utilizes the Venus Engine Plus Image Processing LSI to realize high sensitivity recording and quick performance. With its multi-task image processing capabilities, the Venus Engine Plus boasts excellent response time with a shutter release time lag of only 0.006 sec. and a shutter interval of 0.7 sec. In the burst shooting mode, it is possible to shoot at three frames per second in full resolution, enabling easy capture of those spur-of-the-moment shots. The FX3 also allows unlimited consecutive shooting up to the capacity of your Memory card. Despite the high performance mentioned above, the DMC-FX3 achieves long battery life to shoot approx. 320 pictures (CIPA) on a single charge.
- Advanced 2.5" LCD for Easy Shooting and Playback
- With a 2.5-inch 207k pixels high resolution LCD, the FX3 makes it easy to frame your shots and share your images with family and friends. The pixel-mixed readout method performed by the CCD automatically increases the brightness level of the live image on the LCD, which greatly facilitates shooting in low light situations, and the Power LCD function boosts the backlighting of the LCD by up to 40%, so shooting in bright outdoors situations is no longer a problem. In addition, the High Angle mode makes the display extremely easy to view from low angles, for example, when holding the camera up high to take pictures over a crowd.
- VGA and Widescreen Motion Image Recording
In addition to standard VGA (640x480 @ 10 or 30 fps)* motion image recording, and economical QVGA (320x240 @ 10 or 30 fps), the DMC-FX3 cameras can also record stunning full-size movies in wide-aspect VGA (848x480 @ 10 or 30 fps)*. Users will be suitably impressed by the 16:9 moving image when it is displayed on a wide screen TV, and the brightness level of these motion images is also enhanced as a result of the pixel mixed readout method performed by the CCD. Additionally, it is possible to select and display as thumbnails 9 sequential frames from a motion image, which can be helpful in analyzing how one swings a racket or golf club.
* VGA & 16:9 recording requires optional SD Card.
- Unimpeded, High-speed AF
- The various AF modes available in the DMC- FX3 can be selected according to the shooting environment and the position of the subject: 5-point, 3-point high speed, 1-point high-speed, 1-point normal-speed and spot, to provide a quick and smooth AF without screen-freeze. The inclusion of an AF assist lamp provides further assistance in low light situations when focusing is difficult. The result is stress free photography with never a moment missed.
- Scene Modes and Other Features to Enrich Your Photography
- The FX3 contains a total of sixteen scene modes to assist you in a wide range of photographic situations. When shooting in the unique "Baby" mode, your children's age at the time of image capture is automatically recorded onto that image, determined by the date of birth which has been preset by you; while in the "Simple" mode, almost all adjustments can be automatically set even including the backlight compensation, allowing even the entry-level users to take beautiful images easily. The DMC-FX3 also includes "World Time Setting", allowing you to set the time and date of 74 locations across the world.