The APC Switched Rack PDU (20A) is a vertical mount power distribution strip that can be programmed to remotely control power to individual outlets, and also monitors the aggregate power consumption. The vertical design of this strip allows it to be mounted to the back of a data center rack where it doesn't take up any rack mount space. It connects to a 20A type socket, and outputs to up to 24 pieces of equipment that use 20A plugs.
APC Switched Rack Power Distribution Units (PDUs) address power management problems in today's IT environment through individual outlet control, power on and off delays, current monitoring, alarm thresholds, and network management. Individual outlet control to turn outlets on, turn outlets off, or recycle power to equipment allows users to reboot locked-up equipment and avoid unauthorized use of outlets. Power delays allow users to determine the order in which equipment is powered up or down.
The Switched Rack PDU provides an aggregate current draw, which can be viewed remotely or locally, via its digital LCD display. In addition, alarms will be generated based on user-defined thresholds to alert users of potential circuit overloads. Users can access, configure, and control the Switched Rack PDU through Web, SNMP, or Telnet Interfaces.
Note! Does not provide any power protection. Features 20A sockets.
- Power Delays
- Allows users to configure the sequence in which power is turned on or off for each outlet. This helps avoid in-rushes at start-up, which can cause overloaded circuits and dropped loads. Sequencing also allows users to predetermine which piece of equipment is turned on first so other equipment dependant on that unit will function properly.
- Alarm Thresholds
- Define alarm thresholds in order to avoid overloaded circuits. Network and visual alarms inform the user of possible problems.
- Load Indicator LED
- Indicates overload and warning conditions based on the user-defined alarm thresholds. Alerts users of potential overloaded circuits.
- Network Management
- Full-featured network management interfaces that provide standards-based management via Web, SNMP, and Telnet. Allows users to access, configure, and manage units from remote locations to save valuable time. Associated with this feature is the ability to quickly and easily upgrade the firmware via network download to installed units for future product enhancements.
- InfraStruXure Manager Compatible
- Enables centralized management via the APC InfraStruXure Manager.