The Axis Communications AXIS 214 is a high performance and stylishly designed PTZ network camera capable of delivering the performance and reliability required in demanding surveillance environments. Banks, retail stores, government facilities and numerous other critical monitoring applications will greatly benefit from this camera's wealth of features and functions. These include a powerful 18x optical zoom for bringing objects into close view, a Day/Night function for 24-hour monitoring and audio I/O ports for two-way voice communication.
Step Up Feature from AXIS 213 Camera
- 2-Way Voice Communication
- By attaching an optional microphone and speaker to this camera's audio I/O ports, a PC user can hear and speak with a person at the camera location over the network. This is a very useful feature in numerous applications including retail stores, factories and transportation facilities.
- Remote PTZ Control
- Working from a remote Internet PC, a user can with the click of a mouse activate the camera's wide range of pan and tilt controls to point it in any desired direction.
- Powerful 18x Optical Zoom
- People and objects can quickly be brought into close view for better inspection using the camera's powerful 28x optical zoom. When the optical is maxed out there is still a 12x digital magnification available, which together with the optical zoom provides a total of 216x zoom capabilities.
- Day/Night Function
- In order to ensure the best possible image quality day or night, this camera uses an IR cut filter system to switch from high resolution color during the daytime to an ultra sensitive B/W mode when light levels fall. In B/W mode the camera is capable of producing visible images in next to zero light levels.
- Simultaneous JPEG/MPEG-4 Streaming
- Video is captured simultaneously in both the JPEG and MPEG-4 compression formats. This will allow a user, for example, to view live images over a WAN in the fast MPEG-4 format and at the same time record high resolution JPEG images to a local LAN server.
- Built-in Motion Detection with Pre and Post Alarm Image Capture
- At the event of an alarm triggered by its internal motion detector, this camera can be set to start capturing images or transfer them to a server over the network. To ensure that users remain apprised of all conditions, the camera will also send out an alarm alert along with associated images to multiple Email addresses over the network. Images preceding and following an alarm event are also captured, giving a user the full sense of an occurrence.