The Canon imagePROGRAF IPF6100 Large Format Printer produces prints with brilliant color and superb detail thanks to its sophisticated print-head technology. With features designed to help all levels of users achieve extraordinary results, the iPF6100 printer is the ideal solution for any color professional looking for striking, full-bleed color output with strength in paper handling and exceptional speed in output.
The iPF6100 printer is engineered to produce colors, fine details, and subtle expressions required for some of the most challenging color environments such as photography, proofing and professional graphic applications. It is equipped with the ability to recalibrate itself to the original factory settings and apply any necessary adjustments across the printer's media types, resulting in a more predictable printing platform where results can be consistently achieved.
The 12-color LUCIA pigment ink system offers excellent color fastness and stability with a remarkably wide color gamut, while the ink formulation for Black, Matte Black, Gray and Photo Gray inks reduce bronzing, and provides stronger ink adhesion to the print media, resulting in better scratch resistance without any additional protection. The Canon L-COA processor, which is dedicated to the imagePROGRAF, is designed to optimize the best quality output at the highest possible speeds. Vivid breathtaking, long lasting prints are achieved by combining Canon's advanced technological achievements.
- 12-Color Pigment Ink System
- The iPF6100 printer's ink set is comprised of 12 colors with four standard process colors, Photo Cyan and Photo Magenta; plus Red, Green, and Blue; Matte Black, Gray, and Photo Gray. This unique combination creates a broad color pallet and delivers exceptional print results.
- LUCIA Pigment Inks
- The iPF6100 printer's LUCIA ink is specially formulated to reduce graininess and bronzing and resist scratching and fading. The use of Photo Black, Matte Black, Gray and Photo Gray optimize black ink density for exceptional monochrome photo-quality output, and the iPF6100 printer automatically matches the correct black ink to achieve the best print results.
- PF-03 Dual Print Head System
- Engineered for speed and advanced image production, the iPF6100 boasts Canon's dual print head system to lay down ink with unprecedented speed and accuracy. Unlike conventional printers with a single print head, the iPF6100 uses two high-precision, high density print heads with a total of 30,720 nozzles. It lays down precise 4 picoliter-size ink droplets to produce delicate color gradations and high-definition. The twin lines of nozzles on the print heads enable the iPF6100 to minimize the number of printing passes and still maintain superb print quality.
- L-COA Print Controller
- The IPF6100 is built around the innovative L-COA (Large Format printer Common Architecture) processor. When it comes to speed and accuracy, the L-COA processor is in a league of its own. By intelligently processing print data and directing the high precision, high-density print heads, the system ensures image clarity and color accuracy, even for complex graphics and color-rich photographic images. Combined with Canon's dual print head design and the most ink nozzles per color in the industry, the L-COA controller helps achieve phenomenal print speeds.
- Built-in Calibration
- The iPF6100 printer is equipped with the ability to recalibrate itself to the original optimal factory settings and apply any necessary adjustments. This creates a more stable, predictable printing platform on which superior results can be consistently achieved. The system has built-in calibration sensors that accurately detect variation in print heads and measures the density levels of the inks and makes necessary adjustments to return calibration to the original factory settings.
- Multiple Media Options
- The iPF6100 printer offers three media feed options; a rear manual feed, a front straight path manual feed for thicker media up to 1.5mm, and a roll feed for longer paper lengths, and borderless prints. The roll feed comes with two and three-inch core adapters to accommodate all Canon roll-stock media up to 24" wide. The printer also comes standard with a built-in rotary media cutter, and can utilize both its rotary cutter and the optional roll feed unit to produce breathtaking borderless (edge-to-edge) prints in minutes.
- Print Plug-in for Adobe Photoshop and Digital Photo Professional
- The included export modules allow users to directly process and print RAW image files from DPP or Adobe Photoshop, and bypasses the operating systems dependent print driver, thereby allowing processing of 16-bit RGB images directly, which dramatically increases gradations and as a result, overall image quality. Some of the features of this advanced export module include full screen preview, more print quality selections, categorized paper type view, roll paper layout view, and bi-cubic enlargement.
- Printer Driver 2007
- The imagePROGRAF printer driver works with both Windows and Macintosh operating systems offering exceptional, high quality prints through easy usability and accurate color. The printer driver incorporates existing imagePROGRAF features along with, updated easy to use functions. The monochrome photo mode produces neutral, high quality monochrome images with the primary use of the Black, Gray and Photo Gray inks, and helps to ensure minimal shifts in color that are commonly caused by the use of color inks in black and white prints. Another easy to use feature is the free layout feature, which allows for custom nesting of separate images and documents.
- Digital Photo Front-Access Utility
- The Digital Photo Front-Access has been developed by Canon as a utility to import images from a camera, memory card, USB, etc and incorporate them into software applications such as PosterArtist and Photoshop. It provides auto image retouching, the ability to open in PosterArtist and Photoshop files with support for JPEG and RAW images, and simple configuration of print settings by means of the printer driver.
Note:Logos are trademarks of Ziff Davis, Inc. Used under license.
Reprinted from www.pcmag.com, September 7, 2010, with permission. 2010 Ziff Davis, Inc. All Rights Reserved.