Digital Portrait Photography and Lighting - Since the earliest portraits were scratched onto cave walls, we've developed increasingly sophisticated tools for capturing human likenesses.
Yet the motivation has changed little---to freeze a human image as an art form, a means of communication, a piece of personal history. Whether formalized with elaborate settings and lighting or snapped at the beach to hold forever the pure joy in a child's face, portraits preserve people.
Today's digital technology offers flexibility, economy, and almost limitless tools for perfecting your images, and these experts help you use it.
- Discover the skills you need to move from serious amateur to professional photographer
- Learn how a snapshot differs from a casual portrait
- Identify what you want your portrait to communicate
- Investigate lighting equipment, and how to use it in different scenarios
- Use natural or mixed light to create unique effects
- Explore composition, posing, and handling challenges
- Handle props, backgrounds, color, location shooting, and studio shots
- Work with groups, children, and pets
- Perfect image-editing methods and final-touch processes that produce high-quality, professional images
- Find resources that can help you in setting up your own portrait business