The Wireless-G ADSL Modem Router from Netgear combines the functions of an ADSL modem, router, switch, wireless access point, and firewall into one compact device. The router allows you to share your Internet connection between several computers that can connect via a 802.11g wireless connection or via any of four wired RJ-45 Ethernet ports.
The router also features a firewall to protect you from malicious software that can attack your computer from the Internet, as well as wireless security to insure that your data remains private.
The router supports speeds of up to 54 Mbps when communicating with standard 802.11g wireless devices, and it is also fully backward compatible with devices that use the older 11 Mbps 802.11b standard. These features make the wireless router a great way to add wireless access to your home network.
- ADSL and ADSL2 Compatibility
- The gateway can act as a modem for ADSL and ADSL2 connections. Owning your own DSL modem allows you to avoid monthly rental fees that many service providers charge for equipment.
- Wired and Wireless Connections
- In addition to providing wireless capabilities, the router has four standard 10/100 Mbps RJ-45 Ethernet ports to allow you to connect computers and devices that do not have a wireless card installed. This gives you the ability to simply plug in your desktop computer to the router while accessing your network wirelessly via your laptop.
- 54 Mbps Speed
- The router can achieve wireless speeds of up to 54 Mbps when used with other 802.11g devices. It is also fully backwards compatible with the older 11 Mbps 802.11b protocol. Up to four wired devices can be connected via RJ-45 connections at 100 Mbps.
- Firewall and Network Security
- The router features a powerful firewall to help protect your computer against malicious attacks that often target computers connected to the Internet. Additionally the router features network security to protect your data as it is transmitted wirelessly, ensuring that outsiders can't access your private data.