The ProSafe Dual Band Wireless Access Point from Netgear can be used to add wireless capabilities to your network, or to expand a wireless network's range using a bridging function. The WAP offers speeds of up to 108 Mbps when used in conjunction with other turbo mode devices. Not only does the access point allow you to simultaneously use 2.4 GHz 802.11g and 5 GHz 802.11a protocols, it also features an integrated Power Over Ethernet (PoE) port that allows it to be installed in remote locations where a power outlet may not exist.
Whether you are a new user looking to add wireless capabilities to a home network or a professional administrator who needs to expand the range of a complex wireless network, you will find that this WAP will suit your needs.
- Dual Band Performance
- The access point features two bands of communication, 2.4 GHz and 5 GHz, that can be used simultaneously. This allows your network to cater to users with 802.11a, 802.11b, and 802.11g wireless devices without compromising performance or security.
- 108 Mbps Speed
- The WAP supports turbo technology that allows for data rates of up to 108 Mbps when used with other turbo. This provides actual data throughput that can be up to fifteen times faster than standard 802.11b wireless devices.
- PoE Port
- The access point features an integrated Power Over Ethernet (PoE) port that allows it to be installed in an area without a power outlet by transmitting power and data over a single Ethernet cable using the included hardware.
- Secure Communication
- The WAP features WPA-2 authentication, encrypting your data as it is sent wirelessly to protect sensitive information such as passwords, credit card numbers and confidential documents.
- Network Management
- SNMP management software is included to allow you to remotely manage computers on your network, letting you administer computers on your network via the standard protocol.
- Multiple Modes
- The WAP can be configured as an access point, a repeater, or a bridge. This gives you extreme flexibility in how you integrate it with your network.