XLogic Alpha Channel from Solid State Logic is a single channel microphone preamp with EQ, limiting and analog to digital conversion. The unit represents the perfect front-end for digital audio workstation and brings SSL's sonic legacy to the professional studio or desktop recording environment.
The microphone preamp provides front-panel line and instrument level switching, along with studio-class EQ, filter and limiter sections. A "Variable Harmonic Drive" circuit provides numerous colorations to the input signal by allowing the user to dial in specific amount of second and third order harmonics.
Dedicated "send" and "return" connectors allow for inserting a compressor or other external processor into the signal chain of the preamp. The XLogic Alpha Channel also includes a professional grade 24-bit analog to digital converter for direct digital connection to a digital recorder or DAW.
- Ultra clean microphone preamp with line level and Hi-Z instrument input switches
- "Variable Harmonic Drive" circuitry delivers varying degrees of harmonic distortion
- High-pass filter with selectable 40, 80 or 120Hz cutoff frequency
- Three-band SSL parametric EQ, with mid-frequency Q control and dual low-frequency curves
- Built in high quality analog to digital converter
- Auto sample rate sensing with corresponding self adjustment
- ADC runs at 44.1kHz internally, but can sync to an external clock running between 32 and 108kHz
- Intelligent auto compression that maximises recording headroom and avoids DAC clipping
- Send and return insert points for patching other external processors with post-EQ switch