The XLogic G Series Compressor from Solid State Logic is a stereo compressor housed in a single space rack-mount chassis. It utilizes the design elements of the classic SSL G Series "centre" compressor, and incorportes them within SSL's SuperAnalogue design topology, providing both high audio performance, along with the acclaimed signature G Series compressor characteristic.
The compressor side-chain controls include multi-position, switched attack, ratio and release controls, while the threshold and make-up controls are continuously variable. The knee point of the compressor is set with the threshold control, and purposely changes depending on the setting of the ratio control. Decreasing the ratio setting lowers the effective threshold, therefore maintaining the perceived "loudness" of the compressed signal.
The compressor side-chain can be driven either by the main stereo channel signal, whereby the loudest signal wins and provides the side chain signal, or by an external mono signal applied to the key input. This opens up the possibility to use the unit as a "ducker'" (for audio-follow applications) or, with external EQ, as a "de-esser".
- Single-space, rack-mount stereo buss compressor utilizing SSL G series center compressor design elements
- Gain reduction meter as fitted to the classic SSL console range
- External side chain source select
- Auto fade with rate control provides automatic linear fade in/out control
- Remote connector for remote operation of the auto fade function