The dvd1040e 20x External USB 2.0 SuperMulti DVD Burner with LightScribe from Hewlett-Packard is an external DVD burner that supports 8.5 GB dual-layer DVD burning. The drive features a standard USB 2.0 interface allowing you to install it into almost any computer.
The drive burns DVD±R discs at 20x speed, allowing you to write a full DVD in a matter of minutes. It can write 8.5 GB dual layer DVD±R DL discs at 8x speed and DVD-RAM discs at 12x speed. The drive will also write standard CD-R discs at up to 48x speed.
The Nero 7 Essentials software suite for Windows is included, allowing you to get started burning discs right out of the box. The software also features tools to use the drive to burn labels onto LightScribe media. These features and more make the drive an excellent solution for your DVD and CD burning needs.
- Fast Burning
- The drive writes a full DVD±R disc in about five minutes, a full DVD±RW disc in under 10 minutes, and a full DVD±R DL disc in about 15 minutes, saving you time when writing a large number of discs.
- LightScribe Technology
- The innovative LightScribe technology uses the same laser that writes data on your disc to create artwork on its label side. This gives you unprecedented power in creating your discs in a small and inexpensive package.
- High Capacity
- In order to make backups easier to manage, the drive supports both DVD+R DL and DVD-R DL dual layered media. This dual layered media has a capacity of 8.5 GB per disc, about twice that of a standard DVD disc.
- Multiple Formats Supported
- A full range of DVD and CD formats are supported, which makes it much easier for buying media. These formats include DVD-R, DVD+R, DVD-RW, DVD+RW, DVD-R DL, DVD+R DL, DVD-RAM, CD-R and CD-RW.
- Extensive Software Bundle
- This drive is packaged with the Nero 7 Essentials for Windows. The suite includes all the software that you need to get the most out of your DVD burner, allowing you to create professional quality DVD discs right out of the box.