The Canon VIXIA HG10 High Definition AVCHD HDD camcorder combines a 40GB internal memory, 1920 x 1080 Full HD CMOS sensor, and DIGIC DV II technology. The 40GB HDD allows for up to 15 hours of record time in LP mode while the CMOS provides for true-to-life color rendition even in low-light. The DIGIC DV II technology further improves color reproduction, especially in skin tones while at the same time reducing image noise.
The 2.7" multi-angled vivid widescreen LCD enables you to shoot with the LCD screen at any angle and still be able to see what you're recording. The SuperRange optical image stabilization offers more image stability than previously available on other camcorders. The 24p provides rich, movie-film quality for your videos.
The HG10 is small enough to fit in your pocket or bag, allowing you to take it anywhere you go. Canon's compact design also provides for ease of use and ergonomic comfort when recording, giving you a camcorder that looks and feels smart.
- 40GB Hard Disk Drive
- The 40GB hard drive allows you to shoot 1920 x 1080 HD resolution video for hours without having to change your recording media. You can record up to 15 hours in LP mode and five and a half hours in super high quality mode. No matter which mode you decide to shoot in you are virtually guaranteed to have more than enough memory.
- 1920 x 1080 HD CMOS Sensor
- Canon designed and manufactured this 1920 x 1080 HD CMOS Sensor. The sensor provides high color resolution and advanced color production, giving you brilliant results. Canon's proprietary noise reduction technology makes all images crisp and sharp. The RGB Primary Color Filter with Bayer Replacement Pattern separates light into Red, Green, and Blue color components, giving your images rich, true-to-life color reproduction. The RGB filter is excellent with low-light as well, providing for impressive image capture.
- DIGIC DV II
- DIGIC DV II is the follow up to the original DIGIC DV, having been made exclusively for HD cameras. This technology ensures optimal image quality not only for your video but for your still images as well. Improved color reproduction, hybrid noise reduction, and crystal clear HD images are all benefits of DIGIC DV II technology. You can shoot up to five still images per second (3.1 Mp). The DIGIC DV II also lowers power consumption, allowing for longer battery life.
- SuperRange Optical Image Stabilization
- Canon's SuperRange has the bases covered when it comes to image stabilization. Unlike other optical image stabilization (OIS) systems, SuperRange OIS gives you a steady shot without a loss in image quality. You are also afforded stabilization through a wider range of camera motions. Vibrations from a moving vehicle, hand held recording, body sway, and the occasional bump are corrected for. SuperRange OIS on the HG10 can be used for both your video and still shooting.
- 24p Cinema Mode
- Obtain the film look and feel when you elect to shoot in 24p mode. The HG10's 24p allows you to shoot at the same rate as movie film. Tones and colors can also be enhanced when you use the CINE setting.
- Shoot Video & Stills Simultaneously
- You can capture still images from your recorded video footage and store them onto a miniSD card for easy transfer to your PC or compatible printer.
- LCD Display
- The 2.7" multi-angle vivid widescreen LCD on the HG10 gives you more flexibility than before by allowing for a wider range of viewing angles, making it possible for you to see the LCD screen accurately, no matter what angle you want to record from. The anti reflective surface and improved color reproduction, cause what you see on the LCD screen to be truer to what you're actually capturing. This feature also allows for less glare and better contrast, making it possible for more than one person to see what is on the screen.
- Corel Application Disk
- The Canon HG10 comes with a bundled software suite from Corel. WinDVD SE lets you play back your recorded video on your computer as well as edit in AVCHD. With the Corel Application Disc, you can use DVD Moviewriter SE when you're finished editing to burn your video onto either a full size AVCHD DVD or standard definition DVD.
- Easy Photo Sharing
- Use Canon's Print/Share to print directly from your HG10 to select Canon printers or any PictBridge-compatible printer using the included USB cable. Hit the Print/Share button on the camcorder to start printing your images without having to use a computer. When connected to a computer all you need to do is hit the Print/Share button to immediately transfer your photos to the computer.