An ideal toolkit for DJs, sample-based musicians, and producers, the SP-555 from Roland is a high-quality sampling workstation that's not only powerful, but also fun to use. By using the SP-555's line and mic inputs you can capture sounds instantly onstage, or use USB audio streaming. Because the unit supports CompactFlash cards with capacities up to 2GB, you can record for over 12 hours!
The live loop capture feature allows you to take a piece of incoming audio or a live performance loop and instantly play it back in time with your other tracks. You can also capture a loop through the effects and assign it to one of the 16 pads for use later on. Sound-on-sound layering is even possible with captured loops. In addition to the fantastic sampling and loop capture features, the SP-555 also has 37 types of DSP effects for altering your sounds. Everything from voice transformer to delay, isolator, and more are provided for instant recall using the pads.
While the pads are great for interfacing with the unit, you can even control it without touching it! Thanks to the built-in D Beam, you can simply wave your hands over the unit to control filters, trigger samples, or play synth solos. For more visual flair, you can connect any V-LINK compatible video equipment to the SP-555 and sync your music with visuals.
For the ultimate in versatility, you can use the SP-555 as a stand-alone unit, or in conjunction with your computer. A USB port lets you connect to a PC to manipulate your files using the included Cakewalk SONAR LE software, or any other DJ or DAW software you enjoy. You can also import WAV or AIFF files to a CF card for playback in the SP-555.
- Compact unit ideal for DJs, sample-based musicians, producers, and more
- Easy sampling of any incoming sound for working on-the-fly. Support for 2GB CompactFlash cards provides over 12 hours of recording
- Live loop capturing allows you to capture a piece of audio and instantly play it back in sync with your other tracks. Loops can also be assigned to a pad or layered with other loops
- Powerful DSP effects, 37 types in all, ranging from delay to voice transformer, as well as a Super Filter, allow you to make major adjustments to your sound. Effect Memory lets you recall your favorites instantly using one of the 16 pads
- Control the SP-555 without touching it, thanks to the built-in D Beam technology
- The V-LINK lets you connect any compatible video equipment to display material in sync with your music
- The USB port lets you connect the device to your computer to manipulate your audio using the bundled Cakewalk SONAR LE software, or DAW software of your choice. You can also load files to a CF card on the computer and play the files on the SP-555
- Samples at higher-than-CD-quality 44.1kHz/24-bit
- Easily-accessible XLR/TRS combo mic jack with selectable 48V phantom power
- Line-level RCA phono I/O connectors and MIDI I/O
- Standard 1/4" headphone jack for private monitoring