The Sony Cyber-shot DSC-W80 Digital Camera is a compact, pocket-sized and durable camera that incorporates a 7.2 megapixel Super HAD CCD image Sensor. This achieves a high sensitivity of up to ISO3200 sensitivity for low-light shooting. In addition it also has a precision 3x zoom Carl Zeiss Vario-Tessar lens which helps to produce beautiful images.
This high performance camera also features quick start-up, fast shot-to-shot times, and long battery life of up to 350 shots on a full charge of the Lithium ion battery. In addition, you can use either the traditional, eye-level viewfinders or the large 2.5-inch LCD screen to frame your shots. The bright LCD also makes it easy to review and share your images - even in bright sunlight.
Although the camera is loaded with great features, it is still incredibly easy to use. The camera has a range of pre-programmed scene modes so that you'll get good images - even in difficult shooting situations. It also incorporates a function guide and resolution guide to assist you in selecting the right settings for your photography needs.
- 7.2 Megapixel Super HAD CCD
- The advanced Super HAD (Hole Accumulated Diode) CCD of the DSC-W80 provides 7.2 megapixels of resolution for images with detail and definition to make big prints or crop in tight on your subject. Furthermore, The Super HAD CCD allows more light to pass to each pixel, increasing sensitivity and reducing noise
- Carl Zeiss 3X Optical Zoom Lens Design
- The Carl Zeiss Vario-Tessar Lens provides a 3x optical zoom to bring distant subjects closer and lets you frame shots quickly for better composition. There is also a 14x Smart Zoom feature that intelligently "crops into" the central portion of your photo, and a 2x Digital Zoom to provide even further flexibility in framing and shooting your images.
- Double Anti-Blur System
- The DSC-W80 combines Sony's Super SteadyShot optical image stabilization and high sensitivity (ISO 3200), to compensate for shaky hands, minimize blur, brighten images and allows flash-free shooting to preserve the mood. Additionally, the Clear RAW noise reduction will take care of the picture noise that can ruin low-light shots.
- D-Range Optimization
- Powered by the exclusive Sony Bionz high-speed processing engine, D-range optimization preserves image data in bright highlights and reveals more detail in shadows or backlit areas to provide great results even in difficult lighting conditions.
- Convenient Photo Modes, Color Modes & Fast Burst Mode
- The DSC-W80 includes several convenient photo modes to choose from including Auto, Program Auto, and Scene Selections for Twilight, Portrait, Landscape, and other shooting environments. The camera also includes creative color modes (Natural, Rich, Monochrome, Sepia) and a fast burst capability for action photos
- MPEG Movie VX Fine Mode
- The DSC-W80 lets you capture VGA (640 x 480) video clips with sound at high frame rate of up to 30 frames per second, with the clip length limited only by the capacity of your media.
- Stamina Battery Power
- The included rechargeable NP-BG1 Lithium Ion Battery provides sufficient power to capture up to 340 shots on a full charge. That's enough power to cover a long weekend or a whole vacation without needing to recharge.
- Large 2.5" LCD Screen and Optical Viewfinder
- The DSC-W80 includes a large, 2.5" LCD screen for composing shots, checking results, sharing your photos on location and reading camera setup menus, and the display is bright enough to be viewable even in full sunlight. The camera also includes a zoom viewfinder for when more precision image framing is called for.
- Function and Resolution Guides
- An on-screen Function Guide makes it easy to learn the camera functions by providing a simple text explanation of each camera setting, right on the LCD screen, and the resolution guide is helpful when deciding on the best resolution to select for the desired print size.
- In-Camera Retouching and Red-Eye Reduction
- The DSC-W80 has a range of in-camera editing effects available to customize your images. Built in image effects include a soft edge filter to soften backgrounds, a cross filter to place starry "dazzles" at highlight points, a partial color filter to mute surrounding colors and a fish-eye filter to create interesting results. There is also a built-in red-eye reduction feature that reduces irritating "glowing eyes" that can ruin even the most creative photos.
- HD Slide Show with Music
- View your photos in spectacular HD clarity and detail with direct HD (high definition) output to compatible HDTV screens, then watch as your photos come alive, accompanied by your choice of visual effects and any of four preset musical selections stored in memory or your favorite MP3 tunes downloaded from PC to your camera for use as background music.
- Includes Picture Motion Browser Software
- The supplied Picture Motion Browser software makes it easy to upload, organize and search photos on your PC, and provides a convenient map view function to sort photos by location and display their origin on a world map by using an optional GPS unit.