The Classic PEQ Blue from Algorithmix is a DirectX/VST plug-in featuring precise emulations of classic parametric equalizers. The complete collection of twelve EQs includes standard, vintage, modern and experimental models, structured as ten serial and two parallel equalizers.
Every EQ has ten-bands with five freely assignable parametric filter types including bell, low-shelf, high-shelf, low-cut and high-cut. To avoid bell filter asymmetry at high frequencies, reference-quality up-sampling techniques are employed, automatically switchable if the sampling frequency of the input signal is 44.1 or 48kHz. Also used are different kinds of shelving filters along with cut filters.
By using proprietary filter algorithms, the equalizers exhibit a huge dynamic range, as well as extremely low noise and distortion level. This results in unparalleled sound purity. The whole equalizer collection works with sample rates up to 384kHz, making it eminently suitable for DSD post-processing.
- Complete collection of classic analog equalizer emulations
- Twelve different equalizer types - ten serial and two parallel
- Parametric EQ styles for every taste include classic, vintage, modern and experimental with different frequency characteristics - classic, constant-Q, proportional, ideal-Q and special
- True emulation of the analog parallel feedback equalizer
- Reliable operation with support for up to 384kHz sampling frequency, suitable for high-resolution DSD post-production work
- Extended center frequency setup up to 80kHz covers ultrasonic range in DSD applications
- Bell filters in all types normalized to look identically at + 6dB boost and Q = 0.71 (ideal for fast sound comparisons between different types of equalizers)
- Every equalizer type provides ten-bands with five freely assignable parametric filter types - bell, low-shelf, high-shelf, low-cut and high-cut
- Extremely low noise and low nonlinear distortion filter algorithms resulting in the residual THD+N being significantly lower than 24-bit quantization noise
- Very low-noise and low-distortion over-sampling technique for getting analog-like filter characteristics when working with low sampling frequencies (44.1 and 48kHz)
- Adjustable Q-factor for shelving and cut filters
- Allows for overlapping several low-cut and high-cut filters to get specific brick wall characteristics
- All internal calculations made using double floating-point accuracy (80-bits)
- Resizable and zoomable frequency-response display for high-precision adjustments (DirectX only)
- Parameter editing via numerical fields or directly on the graphical display
- Three fast accessible presets for quick setup comparison
- Several instances, each with different PEQ type selection, can be opened simultaneously
- Complete setup exchange among several simultaneously opened instances
- Automatic latency compensation with compatible DAWs