The LinearPhase PEQ Red from Algorithmix is a DirectX/VST ten-band, precise linear-phase parametric equalizer featuring unique shelving filters for mastering of complex mixes without changing the sonic character of the mix.
Linear-phase EQs do not suffer from the same issues that plague classic parametric equalizers when it comes to mastering duties. That's because all classic equalizers change the phase of the fundamentals and their harmonics and the phase shift is frequency dependent. This can cause muddying and smearing of sharp transients and can introduce pronounced "color" shifting.
Linear-phase EQs do not shift the phase of a particular frequency, but rather boost or cut the amplitude in a given frequency range. This allows for greater ranges of cut and boost without damaging the source material. By using proprietary low-noise filter design in the frequency domain, any induced distortions (THD+N) are extremely low, ensuring crystal clear sound quality.
Because the LinearPhase PEQ Red works in the frequency domain, it sounds a bit softer than the LinearPhase PEQ Orange, making it suitable for high-resolution DSD post-processing applications.
- Flawless operation, suitable for high-resolution DSD post-production with support of up to 384kHz sampling frequency
- Equal delay for every frequency independent of filter settings which perfectly preserves the time relationship of harmonics in the original signal
- No phase distortions prevents signal dispersion and transient smearing
- No unwanted sound coloration maintains clarity, transparency and definition
- Extended center frequency setup up to 80kHz covers ultrasonic range in DSD applications
- Ten-bands with eight freely assignable parametric filter types - classical with bell, low/high-shelf, low/high-cut and Continuous Slope Filter with low/high-shelf and low/high-cut
- Adjustable Q- for shelving and cut filters
- Extremely low-noise and low-distortion linear-phase filter algorithms
- Unlike many other digital parametric EQs, provides perfect emulation of analog filter characteristics, clearly perceptible when equalizing audio at low sampling frequencies (44.1 and 48kHz)
- Unique and proprietary Continuous Slope Filter technology allowing shelving and cut filters with any intermediate slope (roll-off) in the range from 6 to 24dB/octave, as well as a continuous slope adjustment below 6dB/octave, which is physically impossible with any classical filter technology
- Extremely shallow shelving filters using the Continuous Slope Filter technology for gentle brightening (high) or enlarging (low) effects
- Allows for overlapping several low-cut and high-cut filters to get specific brick wall characteristics
- Resizable frequency-response display for high-precision adjustments
- Parameter editing via numerical fields or directly on the graphical display
- Automatic latency compensation (in Sequoia and Samplitude only)
- Complete setup exchange between several simultaneously opened plug-ins
- All internal calculations made using double floating-point accuracy (80-bits)