reNOVAtor from Algorithmix is an application that functions both as a plug-in within supported hosts or stand-alone, and provides the ability to eliminate unwanted audio events from recorded material while perfectly preserving the sound quality of the original material. This is possible due to any spectral modification being executed in the linear-phase domain, making reNOVAtor the perfect solution for the mastering, audio post or forensic professional.
The software loads and analyzes the chosen part of the audio material and displays the result as a 3D spectrogram, with time on the horizontal axis, frequency on the vertical axis, and the amplitude of the spectral components, color-coded. After localization and removal of the unwanted audio, the removed sound is replaced by a signal re-synthesized from the surrounding material.
The software easily removes unwanted noises like sneezing, chair squeaks, coughs, car horns, coins and keys falling down, rumbles and the ringing of a cell phone, etc. Additionally, correction of instrumental tracks is possible by removing scratches (guitar, violin), wrong notes, rustle of sheet music, breathing, lip-smacks of a vocalist, or pedals squeaks of a piano or organ. Restoration of old recordings is possible by removing scratches and dropouts.
- Flawless operation, suitable for high-resolution DSD post-production with support of up to 384kHz sampling frequency
- Excellent sonic results compared to any other cleaning method, due to selective treatment of spectral representation of the signal and not its waveform
- Enormous time saving in repairing critical live recordings with audio fixes that were previously basically impossible
- Easy-to-learn identification and localization of unwanted audio events
- Efficient removal of unwanted disturbances and their replacement by signals re-synthesized from the surrounding audio material
- All processing functions performed in the linear-phase domain to prevent unwanted sound coloration
- No audible changes in main signal and ambience after removal of discrete audio disturbances
- Gain selective signal treatment similar to linear-phase equalizing function
- Automatic selection of harmonics belonging to a marked fundamental
- Automatic identification of clicks and spikes
- Re-sizable and zoom-able spectrogram window for sound repairing with surgical precision
- Different schemes of spectrum representation including black and white for forensic purposes
- Increases speech intelligibility in heavy forensic cases, even when the signal-to-noise ratio is around 0dB
- Multiple undo functions
- AlgoEdit, an easy-to-use audio editor included
- Difference function when using AlgoEdit allows the user to hear removed audio
- Multi-channel capability within Pyramix
- All internal calculations made using double floating-point accuracy (80-bits)