NoiseFree from Algorithmix is a DirectX/VST plug-in that effectively removes broadband noise while preserving the audio quality of the original signal. Noise reduction is difficult and the process can, with inferior tools, add unwanted artifacts. NoiseFree utilizes a proprietary, psycho-acoustically optimized algorithm that preserves timbre, ambience and low-level details of the original signal, while helping to reduce the appearance of artifacts.
The de-noising process references either a built-in white noise profile or a recorded noise profile. A "Learn" algorithm allows for recording a noise sample from virtually any part of the audio material, even if there is no "noise-only" portion available. A sophisticated five-band Noise Profile EQ is provided for modifying the shape of the profiles and smoothing them for optimal performance.
The plug-in is suitable for the removal of tape hiss and electronic noise, de-noising after de-clicking and de-crackling of old records and optical soundtracks, re-mastering old recordings to CD, SACD, or DVD, cleaning up live recording from environmental noise, and more.
- Proprietary, psychoacoustically-optimized noise reduction algorithm
- Virtually no artifacts when using correct settings for all parameters
- Retention of timbre, ambience and low-level details of the original signal
- Flawless operation, suitable for high-resolution DSD post-production with support of up to 384kHz sampling frequency
- Automatic removal or reduction of any kind of constant background noise like hiss, hum, camera sound and air-conditioning equipment
- Removal of residual and surface noise from vinyl records after de-clicking and de-crackling process
- Noise profile capture in two different ways - from noise-only portion of the input audio material, or for time-saving tasks, from any part of the input audio material
- Sophisticated noise profile modifier with the possibility of creating artificial noise profiles
- Automatic background noise chasing function for adaptive real-time de-noising
- Pre-defined processing profiles simplifying de-noising tasks in typical situations
- Clickless real-time parameter adjustment during playback with expert parameters for minimizing the appearance of artifacts
- Spectrum analyzer for real-time tracking of the de-noising process
- Difference function for real-time audio monitoring of the noise being removed
- Complete setup exchange between several simultaneously opened plug-ins
- All internal calculations made using double floating-point accuracy (80-bits)