Live 6 LE from Ableton is an entry-level version of Ableton Live 6, and is especially suitable for beginners and budget-conscious users. However, the program still utilizes the same approach to recording, producing and performing music as the full version of Live 6.
Live offers two main views work areas, the Session View and the Arrangement View. The Session View acts as a musical sketch and launch pad. Each cell in the Session View grid can hold a loop, recording, MIDI file, complete song or any other musical element. These ideas can be recorded on the fly or dragged in from the Browser, combined and played in any order.
The Arrangement View offers a timeline-based approach for traditional recording, MIDI sequencing, arranging, editing and other musical production tasks. Also, when improvising in the Session View, all actions can be recorded into the Arrangement View, where they can then be edited and perfected.
Live 6 LE is the perfect first step into computer music making for songwriters and performers new to digital audio recording, and creative DJs and remixers. The software excels at real-time time-stretching and re-pitching, with effortless looping and remixing. Also included are step-by-step tutorials and the software is compatible with most MIDI keyboards and controllers.
- Studio-quality recording up to 32-bit/192kHz
- Sixty-four audio tracks and unlimited MIDI tracks per project
- Powerful and creative MIDI sequencing for software instruments
- Includes Essential Instrument Collection LE Edition by SONiVOX
- More than twenty built-in audio effects, including a host of creative delays, filters, distortions, studio compressors and EQs 1
- Includes two software instruments - Simpler for creative sample-based synthesis, and Impulse for dynamic, sampled drums 2
- Supports VST and AU effects and instruments 3
- Real-time time-stretching and warping of AIFF, WAV, Ogg Vorbis, FLAC and MP3 files for DJing and instant remixing
- Live's controls can be tweaked in real time with any MIDI controller - via MIDI-mapping or choosing from a list of popular supported controllers for instant mapping
- All editing is nondestructive