The EtherSound Card for Soundcraft Vi Series, designed jointly by Digigram and Soundcraft, is an interface card that allows up to 128 channels of audio (64 inputs/64 outputs) to be connected to the stagebox of a Soundcraft Vi Series console via a single Cat-5 connection. One of the advantages of EtherSound in the live sound arena is its extremely low latency.
Inputs and outputs can be patched internally within the console on the console's own routing screens. Digigram's own control software can be used to route signals between different EtherSound enabled devices over a standard Ethernet network. A second Cat-5 connection allows daisy chain or redundant ring topologies, the latter allowing for the network to remain uninterrupted should a cable be broken.
- Interface card for the Soundcraft Vi4 and Vi6 Digital Live Sound consoles
- ES-100 Audio Transport technology
- ES-Giga System Transport ready
- Daisy chain or star topologies
- Fault tolerant ring topology
- Control of the EtherSound network from any device