The ES1241v2 from Digigram is an AES/EBU to EtherSound interface. The unit provides two stereo inputs, and six stereo outputs of AES/EBU digital audio into, and out of, an EtherSound network at 44.1 or 48kHz sampling rates. Compliant with EtherSound ES-100 Audio Transport protocol, the interface provides low-latency, synchronized, high-channel count, bi-directional audio and data transport over standard Ethernet networks.
EtherSound is Digigram's simple and open standard for networking digital audio, using off-the-shelf Ethernet components. With its technical features, EtherSound is suited for any time-critical audio application requiring a large number of audio channels to be distributed in fields such as live sound, theater, or radio broadcast studios.
Numerous interfaces are available for inserting and extracting audio at any point in various network topographies, allowing for fault tolerant topologies that guarantee uninterrupted audio distribution and user notification in case of one cable or device failure. All connectivity is achieved using one or more Cat-5 cables, thus cutting down on the usual clutter of cables required to achieve the same result with standard wiring.
- AES/EBU to EtherSound interface
- Two stereo AES/EBU inputs and six stereo AES/EBU outputs on XLR connectors
- Fully EtherSound ES-100 Audio Transport compliant
- Built-in hardware sample rate converters
- Additional control available through a standard RJ-45 Ethernet port
- Able to synchronize either from the network (44.1 or 48khz), using an internal clock (48khz) or via Wordclock or AES Input 1 (44.1 or 48khz)
- Includes an RS-232 port and eight GPIO ports
- Includes EScontrol management software for Windows