The ES8micCL (TB) from Digigram is an eight-channel microphone/line preamplifier to EtherSound interface. The unit provides eight inputs that can be converted into as many EtherSound channels, and injected into a EtherSound network at 44.1 or 48kHz sampling rates. The interface provides low-latency, synchronized, high-channel count, bi-directional audio and data transport over standard Ethernet networks.
EtherSound is Digigram's simple and open standard for networking digital audio, using off-the-shelf Ethernet components. With its technical features, EtherSound is suited for any time-critical audio application requiring a large number of audio channels to be distributed in fields such as live sound, theater, or radio broadcast studios.
Numerous interfaces are available for inserting and extracting audio at any point in various network topographies, allowing for fault tolerant topologies that guarantee uninterrupted audio distribution and user notification in case of one cable or device failure. All connectivity is achieved using one or more Cat-5 cables, thus cutting down on the usual clutter of cables required to achieve the same result with standard wiring.
Note: ES8micCL management requires connection to a PC and Digigram's EScontrol software.
- Microphone/line preamplifier to EtherSound interface
- Eight microphone or line inputs on terminal block connectors
- Full remote control
- 48V phantom power supply
- Programmable gain from 0 to 66dB in 0.5dB increments
- 80Hz low-cut and 12kHz high-cut filters
- Built-in compressor/limiter with programmable threshold, from -28dB to 0dB
- Up to 15dB make-up gain
- 22 and 220 mS compressor/limiter attack and release times
- Able to synchronize either from the network (44.1 or 48khz) or using an internal clock (48khz)
- Includes an RS-232 port with network remote control (OEM or specific software)
- Eight GPIO ports with network remote control
- Local or remote audio channel selection
- Includes EScontrol management software for Windows