Musicians who own a pedal or two from Pro Co Sound's RAT family of products will see some familiar territory in the SOLO. Based in the same heavy-duty steel enclosure as most of the RAT pedals, and with the standard distortion, filter, and volume knobs, you'll also notice some major changes.
The SOLO features asymmetrical clipping. Simply set the three-way switch to "Hot", "Melt", or "Burn", and you can customize your sound to emulate a low-wattage vintage tube amp or a modern high-gain head unit. In essence, you're provided with three pedals in one. The other main improvement is the addition of a "Scoop" knob, which lets you customize the amount of mid-range sound that's removed.
Other classic Pro Co Sound features remain, such as completely analog circuitry, the ability to operate via wall power or a 9V battery, and industrial-grade components for lasting durability.
- All of the best elements of the RAT family, with some added features
- Asymmetrical clipping via a three-way selector switch to simulate low-to-high-gain amps, essentially giving you three pedals in one
- Scoop knob lets you adjust which mid-range frequencies are removed from your signal, similar to the mid range control of a parametric EQ
- Control knobs for filter, distortion, and volume
- True bypass switching for a clean signal while the pedal is off
- Completely analog signal path
- Heavy-duty steel construction
- Sloped face for easy stomping
- Glow-in-the-dark graphics for easy adjustments while the lights are off
- Military-specification glass-epoxy circuit board
- Runs off of a 9V battery or from an AC wall adapter 1