The ISA-828 from Focusrite is an eight-channel microphone preamp, featuring original ISA transformer-based preamps with the signature high-end Focusrite sound.
The microphone input stage provides a variable impedance circuit comprising four input impedance settings. Maximum gain is a very healthy 80dB, for use with low output dynamic and ribbon microphones.
Channels one through four include DI inputs that feature high and low impedance options, delivering a comprehensive and accessible DI solution. An eight-channel optional analog to digital converter card makes the ISA-828 the perfect front-end for a DAW.
- Eight channel microphone preamp featuring original ISA transformer-based preamps
- Each channel can accept either microphone or line input
- Channels 1 - 4 also accept instrument inputs for guitars and basses, or vintage synthesizers with high impedance outputs
- Microphone input can deliver up to 80dB of gain, particularly useful when working with very low output dynamic and ribbon microphones
- Phantom power and phase switches provided on each input
- High-pass filter on each channel provides a 75Hz knee frequency with 18dB/octave roll-off
- Variable microphone impedance with four settings of 600, 1.4k, 24k and 6.8kΩ
- Six-LED input meter per channel
- Optional eight-channel 192kHz analog-to-digital converter card provides eight channels A/D conversion, delivering a dynamic range of 122dB and jitter at <250 picoseconds