Duet from Apogee is a FireWire interface for Mac OS X and features two microphone inputs, each with phantom power and up to 75dB of gain. This allows the user to record a vocal track while playing guitar or keyboard, record an acoustic track in stereo, or even capture a live concert. Duet also features dual, 1/4" high impedance inputs that are ideal for any combination of two instrumentalists - guitar and bass, bass and keyboard, guitar and guitar, etc.
Although somewhat limited in I/O, the main strength of the unit is the prized Apogee conversion. And its multi-function controller knob, combined with the included Maestro Control software is capable of performing a broad range of functions - from assigning the operating levels of the inputs, to controlling the levels of the inputs and outputs, selecting sample rates, and defining the four virtual MIDI controllers.
Duet's studio reference-quality sound combined with simple and powerful control features make it an ideal choice for creating music, creating podcasts, or simply delivering the ultimate iTunes listening experience. The system works with any Core Audio-compatible application, but provides especially close integration with Apple's OS X, GarageBand, Logic and Soundtrack Pro.
- FireWire interface with two channels of professional-quality 24-bit/96kHz audio input and output
- Bus powered for the ultimate in portability
- Two balanced XLR inputs, with selectable 48V phantom power on each input
- Two unbalanced, high-impedance instrument inputs
- One high-level stereo headphone output
- Two unbalanced -10dBV line-outputs for powered speakers
- Multi-function controller knob for volume and input gain control and assignable MIDI control
- Maestro Control software provides internal MIDI functionality via four virtual MIDI controllers
- Multi-segment LED meters to display input or output levels
- FireWire 400, compatible with Mac OS X Core Audio
- Integration and control with Apple's GarageBand, Logic Pro, Logic Express and Final Cut Studio (Soundtrack Pro)
- Compatible with any Core Audio-compliant audio application
- includes Apogee's Maestro software for advanced control and low latency mixing