Looking for a state of the art digital camcorder with surround-sound and a hard drive? The Sony 'DEMO' DCR-SR82 Digital Handycam is for you. Its professional quality Carl Zeiss Vario-Tessar lens captures brilliant images with life like color and tones while the Advanced HAD CCD imager provides stunning detail and clarity. The Progressive Shutter System supplies digital still images with excellent definition and sharpness.
This camcorder comes with a variety of features, including 16:9 widescreen mode, HDD Smart Anti-Shock protection, a hot shoe and a USB 2.0 interface. In addition, this camcorder features a 60 GB hard drive, so you can download directly to your favorite video software, without bothering with tapes.
The camcorder makes transferring data a cinch via the included Handycam Station docking device. Now you can easily connect to television for viewing and to a USB-compatible PC for editing and sharing digital images and video.
- 60 GB hard drive
- If you need a tapeless way to store images that you shoot with your camcorder, look no further. This camcorder comes with a 60 GB hard drive.
- High Quality Carl Zeiss Vario-Tessar Lens
- High resolution video starts with the finest glass lens appropriate to the camera. The DCR-SR82 has a Carl Zeiss Vario-Tessar lens, specially produced for compact camcorders to provide rapid auto focus with appealing zoom range. With the most advanced glass composition and the most efficient anti-reflective coatings this camcorder captures the sharpest most detailed pictures in the most compact design available.
- Advanced 'HAD' CCD
- Hole Accumulation Diode (HAD) CCD technology - high quality Advanced HAD design CCD imager that reduces noise in the video signal to improve signal-to-noise ratio.
- Super SteadyShot Picture Stabilization
- This advanced version of Sony's SteadyShot system controls an even higher range of shake and vibration frequencies, to achieve an even higher level of smoothness, without degradation of video.
- Anti Shock Absorber
- The HDD Smart Protection Shock Absorber's 3G sensor detects a drop and automatically shuts down the hard drive to prevent damage and a loss of information. During the plummet the camera remains on and records to the built in buffer and transfers the data to the hard disc drive when the camera stops falling.
- 2.7" LCD screen with 16:9 Widescreen Capability
- Shoot wide screen or panoramic footage with ease. This camera supports 16:9 widescreen format. Shoot breathtaking vistas and full family photos, all at the touch of a button. The 2.7" LCD on this camcorder ensures that you won't miss a single detail.
- Digital Still Mode
- Capture still images in 1152 x 864 resolution directly to your hard drive for easy access. The direct to hard drive method of storage makes it easy to transfer to your computer.
- Super NightShot Plus
- Get the most detail out of dark scenes with Super NightShot. This infrared system lets you shoot in almost total darkness up to 20 feet.
- Touch and Burn
Easily burn DVDs with the Touch DVD Burn system, simply connect your camcorder to a PC with the Handycam Station and press the one touch burn button.
(PC must have a DVD burner/writer)
- Handycam Station with USB Connectivity
- The supplied Handycam Station provides quick and easy connections to a TV for viewing or to a PC for editing and sharing video. Just placing the camcorder on the Handycam Station instantly makes the connections. No need to search for cables or wires when charging or playing back
- DVDirect Compatible
- Your camcorder allows you to connect directly to the DVDirect DVD recorder. This ingenious NTSC/PAL-compatible recorder has undeniably useful functionality, including its 2" color LCD preview screen. You can connect a PictBridge printer directly to the burner, allowing you to print photos from disc. The burner also lets you connect memory sticks to the burner for a real time photo slideshow or DVD recording. Readable discs include DVD+R DL, DVD+R, DVD+RW, DVD-R DL, DVD-R, DVD-RW, CD-R, and CD-RW.