Mastering Digital Photography and Imaging - No need to be afraid to take the "digital plunge". The author has provided a comprehensive guidebook to lead you through the basics of entering this amazing world of images.
He tells you what you need and what you don't need. What digital can and can't do. The aspects of digital photography are covered in detail: files, RAW printing, features of cameras and much, much more.
From visualizing to shooting, and from scanning to printing, you'll be amazed at how quickly you can start making the kind of pictures you want.
Inside you'll find
- A buyer's guide to the essential equipment and software: learn the pros and cons of compact digicams versus digital SLR cameras; choose a suitable scanner; find the right imaging program for your needs; select the perfect photo printer
- Focusing, composition, and lighting tips for making snapshots that you'll be proud of
- Pro tips and techniques for using all your camera's advanced features
- Techniques for getting scans of exceptional quality, whether you're scanning prints, slides, or negatives
- Recommendations on upgrading your computer and peripherals for digital imaging
- Professional methods for fine-tuning your images in the digital darkroom
- Techniques for creating color or black-and-white prints of exhibition quality
- Tips on optimizing your images for use in e-mail, online albums, and web pages