GUITAR RIG 3 Software Edition from Native Instruments takes the already successful Guitar Rig concept, and updates the software component. The guitar and bass studio includes amplifier and cabinet emulation software, along with software effects.
GUITAR RIG 3 contains four new amplifier models, bringing the total to twelve, which now can have a matched cabinet module for each of the amplifiers. This is in addition to the existing guitar and bass cabinets, rotary speakers and microphone choices. All of this is complemented with forty-four guitar effects for further customization of the many presets.
The components of the virtual processor that make up a particular amplifier/stack are assembled by simply dragging and dropping them into the virtual rack and arranging them into the desired order. A wide range of distortion, modulation, delay, reverb, pitch and volume effects allow the sound to be tuned, twisted and tweaked.
The "Loop Machine" function allows the player to create and play back loops on the fly, and by layering different leads, riffs and rhythms on top of one another, entire guitar sections/textures can be gradually built up. Dual virtual tape machines are also included, featuring a loop function and independent control over tempo and pitch, perfect for sessions, for practice and for sketching out song ideas.
Note! GUITAR RIG 3 Software Edition provides exactly the same features as GUITAR RIG 3 KONTROL Edition, minus the Rig Kontrol 3 Foot Controller.
- Includes more than three-hundred presets
- Sounds can be sorted by popular genres, from classic rock to pop and metal. Additionally, includes presets that pay homage to legendary guitarists and famous studio productions
- Bass bank with electric bass presets
- Twelve amplifiers supplemented by twelve "Matched Cabinets", twenty-seven cabinets, nine microphones and forty-four high-quality effects
- Drag-and-drop functionality allows components to be placed in the desired position in the rack
- Each individual component (for example a reverb) includes a selection of pre-made settings
- Known to synthesizer users as "modulators", modifiers can automatically animate any sound parameter
- Modifiers include LFO a (low frequency oscillator), an analog sequencer with sixteen adjustable steps, step sequencer with sixteen on/off steps for "hard" triggering of sound parameters, and a multi-step envelope
- Allows the player to record, layer, loop and playback riffs, licks, grooves and bass lines for building various textures. Complete recording as well as every single individual layer can be later exported
- Loops can be synchronized to the tempo of the host application (sequencer) or to a metronome
- A total of up to ninety-nine phrases is possible
- Integrated, high-performance tape decks with time stretching, pitch shifting and a loop function
- Perfect for sketching song ideas
- A loop can be played back faster or slower and pitched independently of tempo, to help in practicing licks, phrases, and solos
- Essential tools include an integrated tuner and metronome
- Dedicated "Live View" for performing on stage