The MX81 from Australian Monitor is a high-quality 8x1 mono mixer. This 1RU unit has eight XLR inputs that can each accept mic or line level signals, as well as provide +15V phantom power. Six of the input channels also offers two RCA input sockets, which are automatically summed to a mono signal internally. A dual mono RCA rec out is provided, which is unaffected by the volume and tone controls. A balanced line level XLR output is also available.
The front panel of the mixer has gain trim and level controls for each of the input channels. Input status LEDs are also provided for monitoring the signal and clipping level. Bass and treble EQ tone controls let you tweak the sound of each input, and a master volume knobs controls the overall mixed output. A 1/4" headphone jack allows you to listen privately before publicly playing the audio.
Additional features of the mixer include the ability to operate on AC mains or 24VDC power, perfect for emergency power outages where battery-based operation is needed. A rear-panel terminal strip allows you to add an optional tone or VCA module (sold separately) to the mixer.
- Durable 1RU chassis
- Eight mic/line XLR inputs with switchable +15V phantom power
- Six line RCA inputs, summed to mono internally
- Line level XLR output and dual mono RCA rec output
- Terminal connector for optional tone or VCA module
- AC and 24VDC power inputs
- Gain trim and level controls for each input channel
- Label areas above each input level control
- Input status LEDs for each input
- Bass and treble EQ tone controls for each input
- Master output volume knob
- LED VU output display
- Front-panel headphone jack