DXO Optics Pro 5 Standard will automatically improve image quality based on an extensive analysis of cameras and lenses. Whether you want to enhance hundreds of pictures in a single click without having to bother setting up sliders, or you want to manually set up your own correction parameters, DXO Optics Pro will meet your need.
This latest version provides an updated and improved user interface that is more intuitive, a next generation RAW converter, improved noise removal technology that can be applied directly to RAW images, a dust removal tool, and - of course - compatibility with more camera models.
DXO Optics Pro Standard offers a whole range of features to automatically correct and enhance your images including elimination of distortion, vignetting, & lens softness through specifically developed camera/lens modules, removal of camera noise & purple fringing, dust removal, optimization of exposure & dynamic range, color optimization, perspective correction with Auto-Crop, and a revolutionary RAW conversion and highlight recovery system.
DXO Optics Pro Standard is delivered as three components - a stand-alone application, an import plug-in for Adobe Photoshop or a plug-in for Adobe Lightroom.
Windows users are entitled to an instant free upgrade to DxO Optics Pro 6 upon purchase. Mac users will receive a free upgrade when version 6 for Mac is available in early 2010.
- 3rd Generation DXO Optics Engine
- At the very heart of DXO Optics Pro Standard, is the award-winning DXO Optics Engine that uses unique hardware modeling to automatically eliminate optical defects. Based on sophisticated models of camera and lens performance, the DXO Optics Engine automatically removes lens distortion, vignetting, lens softness, chromatic aberration, and with input from the user, can also apply perspective corrections (keystoning, horizons).
- Sophisticated Lighting Control
- DXO Lighting is a unique local exposure and dynamic range optimizer that can reveal shadow detail & preserve highlights. Automatically replicating analog film techniques known as "dodging and burning", DXO Lighting Engine brings out shadow detail while preserving highlights, textures, colors and a natural look. In addition, DXO Lighting automatically restores highlight details in some RAW images.
- Advanced Color Control
- The DXO Color Engine incorporated in this very latest version DXO Optics Pro software revolutionizes color possibilities with a palette of color functions, from the unique Color Rendition Profiles to easily switch from one camera body look to another, or between specific film looks, through Color Modes that allow you to select your preferred "color ambiance," to the innovative DXO Multi-Point Color Balance to exploit the full range of available color space for Raw or JPEG files. Now DXO Optics Pro helps you achieve even better image quality with ever greater flexibility and control.
- Additional Color Controls
- DXO Optics Pro Standard also includes easy controls to save presets and apply them to stacks of images, camera custom ICC profiles to ensure absolute color fidelity or creative color rendering, and seamless use of your monitor ICC profile to ensure proper color and contrast control on your monitor. Plus a range of more traditional color features including White-Balance adjustments, Slider-based Hue/Saturation/Lightness adjustments, Tone Curve control via interactive tone curve editing, and user selection of output ICC profiles.
- Powerful Noise Reduction
- DXO Optics Pro Standard offers options for removing noise in both JPEG and RAW file types. The RAW Noise Reduction Engine is unique in that instead of applying noise reduction techniques after demosaicing, noise reduction is performed upfront, before noise has a chance to be amplified by the conversion process and absorb important fine details, thereby producing both the most detailed and most natural looking images with very fine and homogenous grain translating into subtle shades and textures. This breakthrough noise removal technology is specially-tailored for each supported camera. Noise removal for JPEG images, although not quite as spectacular as noise removal on RAW images, reduces noise by up to 2 stops while preserving maximum detail. Because the DXO Noise Engine is specifically tailored to supported cameras, it can only be used on images taken with cameras that have been calibrated by DXO Labs.
- Dust & Blemish Removal Tool
- DXO Optics Pro Standard incorporates a tool to remove dust and blemishes from any digital image. Just click on dust spots or blemishes with the mouse, and DXO Optics Pro removes them automatically and provides a natural reconstruction of the scene. Furthermore, any number of images can be processed in batch mode with this particular dust/blemish template, leading to a significant productivity improvement.
- Instant Workflow
- One of the biggest challenges today for pro and expert amateur photographers is to integrate the best technologies into a workflow that is both elegant and efficient. DXO Optics Pro rises to that challenge - it has been designed to be easy-to-use and efficient in terms of workflow, which is particularly important for busy photographers with a lot of pictures to process. The user-interface is organized around four tabs that lend themselves to a logical, sequential approach, even though you can move freely between them at any moment.
- Supported Cameras & Lenses
- DXO Image Science continues to expand the range of cameras and lenses that are supported in DxO Optics Pro Standard, now supporting more than 1000 DXO Correction Modules, covering the most popular camera bodies and lenses. Click Here to download the list of available DXO Modules.