The Xtreme N Gigabit Router from D-Link combines the functions of a Cable/DSL router and a wireless access point into one compact device. The router allows you to share your Internet connection between several computers that can connect via the 802.11n wireless protocol, or via any of four wired RJ-45 Gigabit Ethernet ports. The router is also fully backwards compatible with legacy 802.11b/g devices.
The router also features a firewall to protect you from malicious software that can attack your computer from the Internet, as well as wireless security to insure that your data remains private. These features make the wireless router a great way to add wireless access to your home network.
- Wired and Wireless Connections
- In addition to providing wireless capabilities, the router has four Gigabit 10/100/1000 Mbps RJ-45 Ethernet ports to allow you to connect computers and devices that do not have a wireless card installed. This gives you the ability to simply plug in your desktop computer to the router while accessing your network wirelessly via your laptop.
- 802.11n Speed
- The draft 802.11n protocol allows for data rates much faster than those of standard 802.11g networks. The router is fully backwards compatible with the older 54Mbps 802.11g and 11Mbps 802.11b protocols; up to four devices can be connected via wired RJ-45 connections at 1000Mbps.
- Firewall and Network Security
- The router features a powerful firewall to help protect your computer against malicious attacks that often target computers connected to the Internet. Additionally the router features network security to protect your data as it is transmitted wirelessly, ensuring that outsiders can't access your private data.