The P-SOLO Ribbon from True Systems is a single channel microphone preamp "super-tweaked" for superior performance with vintage and contemporary ribbon microphones. It also features a high impedance instrument input and is housed in a compact desktop enclosure. Unlike many other preamps where a lower-cost version comes at a big cost to the sound, this unit is, in every regard, a "true" TRUE Systems microphone preamp, offering the "high-end" quality at an affordable, entry-level price.
With up to 76dB of gain (in two ranges), the preamp has an electronically balanced, high-impedance microphone input, discrete FET instrument input, 80Hz high pass filter, a four-segment LED bar graph level meter with signal present and overload indicators, plus a continuously variable gain control. The back panel offers both XLR and TRS balanced outputs for easy interface (and zero latency monitoring) in any system. Because the preamp does not need to supply phantom power, the signal chain is super clean due to the lack of blocking capacitors normally required for phantom power supplies.
With dual analog outputs, the P-SOLO Ribbon is perfect for studio, location recording and live sound applications. Additionally, its direct-input provides exceptional articulation, presence and depth whenever an instrument preamp is needed. The unit was designed to provide stunning sonic detail, with a neutral, musical character, capable of delivering outstanding performance in every situation. This preamp is not suitable for active ribbon microphones.
- Single channel microphone preamp that delivers a natural, musical and highly-detailed soundfield for ribbon, self powered tube and dynamic microphones
- A totally balanced, dual servo, high dynamic range, transformerless design
- High input impedance favoring ribbon microphones
- Up to 76dB of gain
- High impedance instrument input
- Internal linear AC power supply for excellent transient response
- High-pass filter
- Over-size volume control with selectable 10dB input level attenuation