The AD Option for m201 from Grace Designs is a two channel analog-to-digital converter module option for the m201 microphone preamp. The module provides low-latency 24-bit/192kHz conversion and delivers a high level of sonic clarity, detail and nuance.
Either the microphone preamp section, or the M+S matrix can be routed to the converter input directly for use in standard recording applications. Using the additional analog line inputs, the microphone preamplifier and A/D converter sections can be used separately, allowing for external processing to be inserted between the preamp and the converter.
External Wordclock or Digidesign LoopSync synchronization is available utilizing a proprietary dual stage PPL with s-Lock, for extremely low jitter and greater stability. Two independent A/D sensitivity configurations are available from the front panel, allowing the user to easily switch between two calibrated settings, each of which can be configured to one of four provided standard A/D sensitivities.
Note! The module is field installable but requires a competent technician for installation.
- Low latency analog-to-digital converter capable of up to 24-bit/192kHz operation
- Selectable input source include microphone preamp channels 1 and 2, MS matrix L-R output and external balanced line inputs
- Four output connectors types - AES3 on XLR, AES3-id/S/PDIF on BNC, and TOSLink optical
- External synchronization to Wordclock or Digidesign LoopSync
- Dual stage PLL clock recovery. Wide range low noise VCO based PLL followed by Grace's crystal based s-Lock ultra low jitter PLL
- Two input sensitivities selectable on the front panel, each is independently calibrated
- Twenty-segment peak reading LED meters show 60dB range
- AES3 outputs can be configured for single or dual wire operation
Four standard sensitivities are supported:
+18dBu = 0dBFS (14dB headroom), +20dBu = 0dBFS (16dB headroom), +22dBu = 0dBFS (18dB headroom), +24dBu = 0dBFS (20dB headroom)