The PSR-OR700 from Yamaha is a professional 61-key arranger workstation keyboard designed for performers of Middle Eastern, Arabic, and Mediterranean music. This lightweight and compact workstation features touch-sensitive keys for great dynamic control of the realistic MegaVoices. MegaVoices provide not only the sound of an instrument, but also techniques and performance sounds, such as finger slides or fret noise on guitar voices.
In addition to a fantastic selection of realistic voices, you also have hundreds of built-in styles at your fingertips. Activation is as easy as holding down a chord to hear some of the most expressive background accompaniment you've ever experienced. Four effects blocks are provided, as well as reverb and chorus for added depth.
The heart of the arranger's interface is the 5.7" QVGA screen. It shows you mixer settings, what chords are being played, lyrics, and more. It is also used to monitor the virtual drawbar organ, which offers nine virtual drawbars and independently oscillating voices for a realistic sound.
With the PSR-OR700, connectivity is no problem. It offers MIDI I/O connectors, USB to Device and USB to Host connectors, as well as standard 1/4" I/O connectors so you can hook into virtually any system you encounter. Two foot pedal connectors are provided for further dynamic control.
- Each of the 61 keys is touch-sensitive for terrific dynamic control.
- The workstation has 862 voices, many of which use MegaVoice technology for the ultimate in realistic, nuanced sound. There is also a selection of Sweet!, Cool!, and Live! voices to bring the best out of acoustic, electronic, and stereo-sampled instruments.
- A huge variety of Western and World styles are included for accompaniment, including Rock, Dance, Jazz, Latin, Arabic, Iranian, Turkish, Greek, and many more. They're easy to use as well - Simply play a chord with your left hand and the workstation will automatically supply you with the relevant instruments needed for backup.
- Virtual Drawbar Organ
- The built-in virtual drawbar organ uses independently oscillating voices to simulate the tone of classic organs. You can choose organ type, take control of nine virtual drawbars, set rotary speed and type, and more. All settings can be saved and recalled later at the touch of a button.
- Four effects blocks are provided, as well as reverb and chorus for richer, more dynamic sound.
- Large Screen
- The 5.7" QVGA screen shows you mixer settings, what sounds are assigned to the left and right sides of the keyboard, scores, lyrics, organ settings, and more.
- Intuitive Interface
- The PSR-OR700 is designed to be easy to use, and includes a straightforward interface for choosing voices and styles, scale setting, one-touch recording, and more.
- Stereo Speaker System
- The built-in stereo speakers sound great and allow you to perform straight out of the box without connecting any extra equipment.
- Standard 1/4" I/O connectors and MIDI I/O connectors let you connect to a wide variety of audio equipment. USB to Device and USB to Host connectors let you hook up storage devices or a computer.
- Wide File Compatibility
- The workstation is compatible with GM, GM2, XG, GS, DOC, SMF with Lyrics, KAR, XF, and SFF file types so you're guaranteed to be able to work with virtually any file you come across.
- Performance Assistant
- With the built-in Performance Assistant, you'll never play a wrong note. Just choose an XF-compatible song, press the Performance Assistant button, and any note you play will fit with the music. The pitch will go up and down as you move up and down the keyboard, and you can also tackle chords and arpeggios. No matter what keys you actually hit, you'll still sound great with the Performance Assistant.