The Vixen Optics VMC95L is a dainty Maksutov-Cassegrain design with a 3.7" aperture and a stocky housing-the epitome of an ideal travelling scope. Exceptionally light, it does not have a front corrector lens like so many other lesser Catadioptric designs. Its meniscus corrector is inside of the scope, after the primary mirror and just before the secondary mirror in the optical path.
This cuts down considerably on the scope's weight, but more importantly allows for super-speedy temperature acclimating and no dewing problems or fussing around with heavy, battery-hogging dew heaters. This is a great unit for daytime observing (purchase a 45° erect image adapter for terrestrial use) and some astronomical observing or imaging.
The VMC95L is easily set up for imaging; it accepts Vixen T-mounts directly upon the rear of the scope, so if you want to use it with your DSLR camera you just need to buy your camera's specific Vixen T-mount.
The VMC95L comes complete with a built-in tube ring and a dovetail mounting foot that attaches directly to any Vixen mount or to Celestron's CG-5 or Meade's LXD75 mounts. Rounding out the package is a 1x red dot finderscope with bracket, a Vixen flip mirror system, and a Vixen 25mm Plössl eyepiece.
- Supremely compact, "grab and go" Maksutov-Cassegrain scope
- Built-in flip mirror mechanism allows two simultaneously-mounted eyepieces or an eyepiece and an SLR camera (requires camera-specific Vixen t-mount)
- Easily adapted for terrestrial use with an optional 45° image erector inserted to flip mirror's straight-through viewing path
- Open design, free of a front corrector plate, eliminates dew concerns
- Ready for mounting to all Vixen mounts, Celestron CG-5, and Meade LXD75 mounts