The DPA D3 Decca Tree Microphone Mount accommodates up to three microphones and positions them in an equilateral triangle or Decca T configuration. This method was originally used by Decca records and provided a spacious stereo field with the center microphone mixed in just enough, without reducing the stereo perspective.
The microphones may be spaced up to 4 to 5' (120 to 150cm) between each other and the center disc features a cable-through hole and inscriptions for correct pole alignment. The kit includes all necessary poles, extensions and accessories, and all may be neatly packed and transported in the included road case. The Decca Tree is a standard in orchestra capturing, ambiance recording, sound reinforcement, location recording and more.
- DPA or Third Party Microphones
- The Decca Tree is optimized for use with DPA microphones but the 3/8" threaded mounts allow for any microphone to be used.
- Spacious Stereo Perspective
- The triangle and T configurations provide spacious, stereo recordings of full orchestras, performances, ambiance, etc.
- Easy Setup and Breakdown
- The center disc features a cable channel and is inscribed with markings for easy pole setup. The main poles telescope and extensions are also provided for adding length.