This Ikelite housing for the Sony DSC-S650 digital camera is an injection molded clear polycarbonate case, known for its strength and corrosion-free properties. The housing offers an unobstructed view of the camera's information and control functions and operates safely to a depth of 200'. Camera installation is quick and simple, and the o-ring seal can be checked visually through the clear housing. The housing is sized and weighted for near neutral buoyancy and superb handling underwater.
The camera flash can be used to take underwater photos, but an external strobe is recommended to improve the images by reducing the illumination of particles suspended in the water. You could use an Ikelite Digital SubStrobe with the Ikelite Manual Controller. The Manual Controller provides 10 power settings in half-stop increments. The optional Release Handle system allows for easy attachment and removal of SubStrobe mounting arms at the touch of a button.
The port accepts the 67mm threads of a wide-angle conversion lens when used with the optional adapter 9306.81. The use of a wide-angle lens allows you to get closer to your subject. This eliminates water between you and your subject, increasing contrast and improving color. The wide angle conversion lens can be attached and removed when underwater.
- Clear Polycarbonate Construction
- Strong and corrosion-free. Unobstructed view of the camera's information and control functions with visual confirmation of o-ring seal.
- Camera Functions
- Housing accesses all camera functions.
- Mechanical Controls
- The dependable controls are conveniently placed at fingertip, and kept water tight with Ikelite's pioneered Quad-Ring seal glands, one of the most reliable methods for sealing controls.
- Use of wide-angle conversion lenses with a 67mm thread is supported with use of optional adapter 9306.81.