The Sony Cyber-shot DSC-T2 Digital Camera features 8-megapixel resolution and an astounding 4GB of internal memory that can store up to 40,000 VGA-quality photos or 1,000 8-megapixel pictures, eliminating the need to manage multiple media cards. Designed to be both powerful and stylish, the camera has an exciting look with a compact body, black LCD frame and a sliding lens cover. Its 2.7" touch-panel LCD screen replaces small buttons with on-screen icons and a user-friendly interface to make camera operation fast and simple. You can even touch the screen to select the subject you want to focus on (shooting mode) and where you want to zoom in (playback mode).
The camera's Face Detection technology and Smile Shutter mode help deliver crisp photos at the perfect moment, and the Sony Double Anti-Blur Solution minimizes blur and ensures sharp color, even in low light. You will also experience brilliant results and detailed close-ups from the precision-crafted Carl Zeiss 3x Optical zoom lens.
For sharing your memories on the big screen, the HD Output mode allows you to display your shots in high definition on your Sony HDTV or other compatible HDTV (requires an optional accessory cable).
The camera's album folders make it easy to organize and access thousands of photos in-camera. Images can be viewed in chronological order and displayed in a helpful calendar view. By installing the bundled Picture Motion Browser software on your PC, you can also view images by events like birthdays or Sunday BBQs.
The camera's "favorites" folder provides for virtually instant retrieval of selected images, without having to navigate through hundreds of pictures, and the "sharemark" folder can store photos and videos deemed worthy for sharing beyond the camera onto the web so the camera can automatically publish photos and videos directly to popular web sharing sites.
- Sleek, Ultra-Slim Design
- With an ultra-slim body, the Sony DSC-T2 easily slips into your pocket, or handbag, while the styling is so clean and sharp that you won't want to keep it there, additionally, the sliding lens cover assures that the camera lens will always be clean and ready to shoot. Plus the Widescreen touch-panel LCD replaces the clutter of multiple function buttons with easy on-screen icons.
- 8.1 Megapixel Super HAD CCD
- The advanced Super HAD (Hole Accumulated Diode) CCD is specially designed to allow more light to pass to each pixel, increasing sensitivity while reducing noise, so your images will look gorgeous - even when taken under low light conditions. Furthermore, the high resolution ensures that your photo prints will look sharp, even at printouts of 20 x 30" in size.
- Carl Zeiss 3x Optical Zoom Lens Design
- The world renowned quality of the Carl Zeiss 3x Zoom Lens ensures that your images will be sharply focused yet it doesn't project beyond the camera body, preserving its ultra-slim styling of the camera. The optical zoom is also available while the camera is shooting video - making the T2 an excellent camcorder replacement. Moreover, the macro and magnifying glass modes are provided for super-sharp close-ups and miniature hobby photography.
- 15x Smart Zoom (at VGA resolution)
- The Cyber-shot DSC-T2 intelligently "crops into" the central portion of interest in your photo without sacrificing full CCD resolution - avoiding the image degradation of digital zooms.
- The Sony Double Anti-Blur Solution
- Sony's exclusive Super SteadyShot optical image stabilization combined with a high sensitivity (ISO 3200) means that the DSC-T2 compensates for shaky hands, minimizes blur and allows flash-free shooting to preserve the mood, plus Sony Clear RAW Noise Reduction reduces the picture noise that can ruin low-light or high ISO shots.
- 9-Point Auto Focus
- The DSC-T2 can measure auto-focus at 9 points over the image, giving you greater creative freedom to compose your image, and place your subjects off the center of the image, yielding a more interesting composition, providing greater creative freedom.
- 2.7" Clear Photo LCD Display
- The large 2.7" Clear Photo LCD design enables the DSC-T2 to display photos with superb clarity and incorporates an AR (anti-reflective) coating for excellent visibility even in bright sunlight.
- Touchscreen Operation
- The DSC-T2 incorporates a Touchscreen LCD that replaces small buttons with simple on-screen icons and a user-friendly interface - making camera operation faster and simpler. You can touch any point on screen, in shooting mode, to focus on the person or object you've selected, and touch and zoom in playback mode to concentrate on your subject.
- Face Detection-2
- Sony's latest Face Detection technology recognizes up to 8 faces in a photo and automatically controls focus, exposure, color and flash to bring out the best in everyone. And unlike some competitive systems, Sony Face Detection makes skin tones look more natural and reduces red-eye with pre-strobe flash.
- Smile Shutter Mode
- In Smile Shutter Mode, the DSC-T2 helps you capture more smiles by shooting automatically when your subject laughs, smiles, even grins. The camera can even capture a sequence of up to six smiling shots, and if there are several people in the frame, you can select the primary subject for the camera to watch by touching the screen.
- D-Range Optimization
- The exclusive Sony Bionz high-speed processing engine provides for great results even in difficult lighting conditions, with D-range optimization that preserves image data in bright highlights and reveals more detail in shadows or backlit areas.
- MPEG Movie VX Fine Mode
- The DSC-T2 can capture VGA (640 x 480) audio/video clips at high frame rate (up to 30 frames per second), with length limited only by the capacity of your media. The camera can also record standard quality and presentation quality videos for viewing on your computer screen or using video clips on web pages.
- 4GB Internal Memory and Removable Memory
- With an incredible 4GB of built-in memory, you'll be able to store up to 40,000 VGA-quality photos or 1,000 8-megapixel pictures, plus you can easily transfer your images from camera memory to optional Memory Stick Duo media, to upload shots to your computer or make prints on your digital printer.
- HD Output & HD Slide Show
- View your still photos from your DSC-T2 camera with spectacular clarity and detail directly on a Sony Bravia HDVT or other compatible HDTV screens with an optional accessory cable, then watch as your photos come alive with the HD Slideshow, the high-definition viewing experience that makes photos more entertaining to watch, accompanied by your choice of visual effects and your favorite music for use as background music.
- In-Camera Retouching and Red-Eye Reduction
- Add creative effects to photos after you shoot. Included effects are soft edge filter to soften backgrounds, cross filter to place starry "dazzles" at highlight points, partial color filter to mute surrounding colors and fish-eye filter to create interesting results. The red-eye reduction feature reduces irritating "glowing eyes" that can ruin even the most creative photos at the touch of a button.
- Enhanced Paint Function
- In-camera retouching continues with the ability to "paint" decorative borders, graphic stamps and hand-drawn words or symbols like hearts, stars, arrows and other ways to add charm and fun to photos you save, print or send via e-mail (internet connection required).
- Organize and Share Your Pictures
- The camera's album folders make it easy to organize and access thousands of photos in-camera. Images can be viewed in chronological order and displayed in a helpful calendar view. By installing the bundled Picture Motion Browser software, you can also view images by events like birthdays or Sunday BBQs. The cameras "favorites" folder provides for virtually instant retrieval of selected images, without having to navigate through hundreds of pictures, and favorites can be arranged in six separate subfolders with a touch of a finger. In addition, the camera has a "sharemark" folder that can store photos and videos deemed worthy for sharing beyond the camera onto the web so the camera can automatically publish photos and videos directly to popular web sharing sites, such as Crackle, Flickr, Photobucket, Shutterfly and YouTube.