The HD-R1 from Tascam is a rack mountable two-channel audio recorder designed for sound contractors. The unit records PCM or MP3 files in a variety of sample and bit rates to standard CompactFlash memory cards. A USB host interface allows you to use USB flash cards.
You can control the HD-R1 from the intuitive front-panel interface, or you can use the RS-232, Parallel, or RJ45 connectors on the rear to control the unit remotely. Signal I/O options include analog RCA, XLR, and Euroblock connectors, and digital coaxial S/PDIF as well.
The unit has built-in mic preamps with a 20dB pad that also provide phantom power, so you can plug a microphone directly into the recorder. A front-panel 1/4" headphone jack with a volume control provides convenient monitoring.
- Rack mountable
- Records to standard CompactFlash cards
- USB host interface lets you use USB flash cards
- Records PCM or MP3 files
- Balanced mic/line XLR I/O connectors with 20dB pad and phantom power
- RCA and Euroblock analog I/O connectors
- S/PDIF digital coaxial I/O connectors
- RS-232, RJ45, and Parallel connectors for remote control
- Front-panel headphone jack with volume control