SampleTank 2.5 XL from IK Multimedia is a software sound module that combines three synthesizer engines, (that can be switched on the fly to provide more sound flexibility), with multi-sampled sounds, into a plug-in or standalone instrument. The software has a search engine with fast access to the sound and the sound shaping tools needed most.
Two of the synthesizer engines expand the sonic manipulation capabilities of the software. STRETCH has been designed for monophonic material, such as vocal, brass, winds, etc., and provides full control over the tempo and tune of the samples, to give any music an incredibly rich, vibrant, and natural quality.
PS/TS (pitch-shift, time-stretch) works with polyphonic material, such as ensemble instruments phrases, or percussive sounds such as drum loops and percussion grooves. With PS/TS tempo and pitch can be controlled independently, ensuring the most flexible manipulation possibilities.
Perfect sequencer integration provides sample accurate timing, with up to 256-voice polyphony per module. The software contains a high quality, multi-effect unit where up to five effects, selectable from thirty two high quality DSP effects, can be applied on each instrument. The supplied instruments include effects as part of the presets.
SampleTank 2.5 XL comes with a friendly interface that makes it easy to access more than fifty synthesizer-engine parameters, including multi-mode filters, envelopes, LFOs and more for patch creation. 32-bit floating point processing and accurate re-sampling algorithms allow the included 6.5GB samples to sound natural and accurate.
- Software sound module which combines a sampler with three synthesizer engines and multi-sampled sounds into a plug-in or standalone instrument
- A wide selection of high-quality, playable sounds, with more than 1,800 patches derived from 6.5GB of samples on two DVD. Includes a multitude of bass, drums, guitars, orchestral, ethnic, organs, percussion, pianos, strings, brass, vocals, synthesizers and loops
- Sixteen multi-timbral parts with individual stereo outputs and instant access to MIDI channel, solo, mute, polyphony, volume and pan
- Range Controls allows for creating complex splits and layers
- Multi-sampled monophonic instruments using STRETCH (Sampletank Time REsynthesis TeCHnology) deliver amazing realism and expression. Performances come to life with true glide, bending, staccato and vibrato. Plus, pushing STRETCH to the limit can take sounds to a whole new world of sonic territories
- PS/TS (pitch shift-time stretch) is designed to work with polyphonic material, such as ensemble instruments phrases, or percussive sounds such as drum loops and percussion grooves. Also with PS/TS tempo and pitch can be controlled independently ensuring the best possible quality for this type of material and the most flexible manipulation possibilities
- Sample accurate timing, immediate compatibility, ease and speed of use, one-click project recall and digital track bounce
- BPM syncable LFOs
- Over thirty, high-quality DSP effects built-in to the module with up to five effects available per instrument channel, five sends and five master effects. Included are effects from AmpliTube and T-Racks plug-ins, plus twelve-stage phasers, flangers, chorus, delay, reverb, rotary, tremolo and more
- Send Effects includes Send and Return controls and Pre-Post options
- The intuitive layout of the sounds in categorized, alphabetical folders (which reflects the folder organization on the hard drive) allows access to the sound instantly. Also included is a search function
- Convenient back-up function
- Allows for importing WAV, AIFF, SDII samples, AKAI S1000-3000 and SampleCell instruments directly into the plug-in