RiffWorks Standard from Sonoma Wire Works is software for guitar-based track and loop recording which allows recording and writing songs with efficiency, while staying creative, and without ever putting down the guitar. With the appropriate interface, vocals and other instruments can also be recorded.
The software provides a riff-based work-flow, where looped guitar tracks with professional drum loops and effects are instantly recorded as layers. Seven included effects add polish and creativity to riffs, tracks, or the whole song.
RiffWorks Standard also includes musician "community services" that allow for built-in on-line jamming with other musicians, or song writing collaboration with remote players. Completed songs can be instantly "RiffCast" on RiffWorld.com, providing for sharing individual creations.
- Riff-Based Work-Flow
- Allows for recording a complete song in bite-sized pieces (Riffs). Facilitates experimentation with song structure. Each Riff can include different backups, effects, tempos, lengths and layers.
- Automatic Track Creation and Loop Recording
- A new layer is created each time recording is started as well as each time a Riff loops. Layers can be stacked on top of each other (bass, guitar, vocals) to create a full Riff sound. Each layer has several controls for mixing and applying effects.
- Provides great sounding, tempo-synchronized backup drum recordings with adjustable intensity, variation and tempo with no need for tedious drum-machine programming. Nine InstantDrummer Sessions are included.
- REX Player
- For playing tempo synchronized backup loop files (REX and RX2).
- Mixer for playing tempo-synchronized backup loop files with up to four ReWire applications like Propellerhead Reason and Ableton Live.
- Can be used for lead-in, while recording, for a really simple beat, or to add extra flavor in addition to the drummer.
- Studio-Quality Effects
- Includes seven effects. Can be added to Layers, Riffs, InstantDrummer sessions, and to the input.
- Guitar Amp and Effects Plug-In Support
- AmpliTube 2 (included), Ampeg SVX, and Line 6 GearBox (optional) can be activated, heard and recorded while playing an instrument through RiffWorks.
- Song Layer
- Option for full song-length recording.
- Junt has a proprietary tempo detection algorithm, a feature that allows for setting the tempo and starting recording by simply playing a guitar or singing.
- Backup Effects
- Allows for applying a complete effects chain for each backup module including InstantDrummer (plus ReWire and REX player)
- Recording Resolution
- 16- and 24-bit/44.1kHz recording with 32-bit floating point internal processing