The Final Cut Express 4 Video Editing Software for Mac OS X from Apple is aimed at intermediate video editors who have outgrown iMovie but aren't quite ready for Final Cut Pro. This "semi-professional" editing suite has full support for high definition HDV and AVCHD video. It supports multiple video layers, effects and transitions, color correction, and matting. Also included with the software is LiveType for title creation. This is an excellent choice to address your video editing needs on the Mac OS X platform.
- Editing Flexibility
- Final Cut Express allows you to insert, overwrite, replace, or fit to fill video clips into your project via drag and drop. You can use fine editing tools for precise cuts. The interface even allows you to seamlessly move from editing, compositing, and effects functions.
- Layer Compositing
- The software allows you to use multiple video layers to produce side-by-side video, picture-in-picture, and multi-layered collage effects. You'll even be able to work with multi-layered Photoshop files.
- Realtime Effects and Transitions
- Final Cut Express features hundreds of transitions, filters, and effects. These let you add impressive visuals to your video. Most effects can be previewed in realtime, allowing you to customize them without having to wait for video to render.
- Audio and Voiceover
- The software supports up to 99 audio tracks per project. You can mix audio on various tracks using pans, level adjustments, and a 3-band equalizer. A plethora of audio transition and filter options are available, including cross fades, reverb, EQ, echo, and more. You can even record a voiceover track for your documentary projects.