Digital HT (High Transmission) Star 4pt 2mm Multi-Coated Glass Filter - Tiffen Star filters create multiple points of light, or "stars," streaking outward from a central light source. This can make lighting within the scene take on a more glittering, glamorous appearance. This effect is produced by a series of thin lines etched into the flat optical surface of a clear filter. The size and brightness of the star lines produced are first a function of the size, shape, and brightness of the light source.
You have additional control through the choice of a particular spacing between the lines on the filter. These spacings are measured in millimeters and range from 1mm to 4mm. A 1mm spacing has twice as many lines as a 2mm spacing. It will produce a brighter star for any given source. Lines in one direction produce a two-pointed star, just a streak through the center of the light.
Tiffen, an industry leader in the design and production of high-end filters, has produced a series of filters which contain the strength of a titanium coating along with high-end optical glass.
Using their patented ColorCore technology, this filter represents the highest scratch-resistant durability available. There is no need to worry about cleaning this filter since the coating protects the surface thereby maintaining the optical quality of the glass.
The Titanium coating consistently reflects less than 1% of the imaging light hitting the front surface of the filter while transmitting nearly 99%.
- State-of-the-art technological breakthrough in multi-coated photo and video filters
- Surpass even military specifications for hardness and durability
- Low profile titanium ring and anti-reflective black lock ring
- Ideal for scenery, weddings and mood shots
- Tiffen filters are manufactured using ColorCore technology, a closely guarded proprietary process that entails permanently laminating the filter material in between two pieces of optical glass that are ground flat to tolerances of a ten-thousandth of an inch, then mounting them in precision metal rings
- Top Hollywood motion picture studios rely on Tiffen filters for their multi-million dollar productions
- Superior quality and design make Tiffen the overwhelming choice of moviemakers, professional photographers and even NASA
- Tiffen has also been awarded an Emmy, from the Academy of Television Arts and Sciences, for its engineering excellence