The Tiffen 67mm Digital High Transmission (DHT) Circular Polarizing Multi-Coated Filter is a filter that contains the strength of a titanium coating along with high-end optical glass. Using their patented ColorCore technology, this filter represents the highest scratch-resistant durability available. There is no need to worry about cleaning this filter since the coating protects the surface thereby maintaining the optical quality of the glass.
This filter has a low profile design as well an extra durable filter ring. The "Wow" feature is that Digital HT filters are rated to surpass military specifications for hardness and durability - no small achievement.
Light rays which are reflected become polarized. Polarizing filters are used to select which light rays enter your camera lens. They can remove unwanted reflections from non-metallic surfaces such as water or glass and also saturate colors providing better contrast.
The effect can be seen through the viewfinder and changed by rotating the filter. The filter factor varies according to how the filter is rotated and its orientation to the sun.
Note! Circular polarizers are specifically designed for use with auto-focus SLR cameras (They will also work on manual systems and video cameras without problems)
- This filter eliminates ultraviolet rays to remove haze from outdoor shots as well as polarizing the light to remove reflections, and increase color saturation, without affecting the overall color balance
- State-of-the-art technological breakthrough in multi-coated photo and video filters
- Surpass even military specifications for hardness and durability
- Low profile titanium ring and anti-reflective black lock ring
- Tiffen filters are manufactured using ColorCore technology, a closely guarded proprietary process that entails permanently laminating the filter material in between two pieces of optical glass that are ground flat to tolerances of a ten-thousandth of an inch, then mounting them in precision metal rings
- The ColorCore process allows Tiffen to control the color and density of their filters, and the characteristics of special effects filters with much greater accuracy than typical dyed-in-the-mass filters, which usually exhibit color and density variations
- Top Hollywood motion picture studios rely on Tiffen filters for their multi-million dollar productions
- Superior quality and design make Tiffen the overwhelming choice of moviemakers, professional photographers and even NASA
- Tiffen has also been awarded an Emmy, from the Academy of Television Arts and Sciences, for its engineering excellence