The Bolide Technology Group BIC 6000-16SYS is a recording system consisting of a 16-port PCI DVR board and software installed in a high-end Windows PC. This type of system has a number of advantages over a standalone DVR. First off, it allows operators to navigate system controls using the Windows operating system that they are already familiar with, along with the convenience of using a mouse and keyboard. It also makes it easy to upgrade the included hard drive or CD burner to a bigger or better one should the need arise. Users will also find it easy to install any future firmware upgrades that the manufacturer may release.
Note! Monitor sold separately
- H.264 Compression
- Video is recorded using the highly versatile H.264 algorithm. Also known as MPEG-4 Part 10, H.264 has the unique ability to generate great looking images while keeping file sizes to a minimum. This means that demanding CCTV environments will get the high resolution images they need to better identify people and objects. At the same they won't have to worry about prematurely running out of hard drive space or getting bogged down in a network traffic jam.
- Local & Remote Recording
- Video can be recorded to the local PC's hard drive or to any storage device over the network.
- 30 FPS Per Channel
- Video is recorded at speeds up to 30 FPS for each individual channel, resulting in very fluid movement. The more frames available, the better the chances are of finding one exhibiting the most identifying characteristics.
- Remote Network Access
- As with a stand alone DVR, by connecting the host PC to a network, users can access the computer from a remote Internet location to view live and recorded images as well as to change system settings.
- PTZ Control
- PTZ dome cameras connected to the board's RS-232/422 communication ports can be PTZ controlled from a remote location via the Internet.
- Motion Detection
- A motion detection function, configurable for size and sensitivity, can be applied to each video channel.
- Watermark Function
- A watermark and time/date stamp can be applied to exported images. This prevents images from being digitally altered, thus preserving their legal integrity.
- Audio Support
- This DVR board supports up to 64 channels of audio. Audio is recorded at 16 kbps per channel using the OggVorbis compression scheme. A synchronization system ensures that audio recording always remains in sync with its associated video.