The Panasonic AK-HC1500G Multi-Purpose HD Box Camera is designed to deliver sharp, broadcast-quality, high-definition images to a wide range of applications. Whether you're shooting live sports, in-studio newscasts, scientific image analysis, or videoconferencing, the AK-HC1500G combines its 3 high-performance 2/3" CCDs with a benchmark-setting 14-bit A/D converter to provide a range of cine-like looks and frame rates.
As one of the first multi-format HD cameras to offer variable frame rates (from 4fps to 60fps), the AK-HC1500G further mimics the range and flexibility of a film camera with its lowlight sensitivity and wide dynamic range--delivering rich colors that contain fuller blacks and less washed-out whites. Meanwhile, its bayonet lens mount makes it compatible with all 2/3" broadcast lenses, while its compact size, HD-SDI output, and other professional connections (genlock, tally, etc.) make it truly multi-functional--equally at home in a camera control or pan-tilt-zoom system, on a football field, or in a multi-camera studio shoot.
- Captures 1080 at 24p/25p/30p/50i/59.94i and 60i and 720 at 50p/59.94p and 60p
- Standard-setting IT 3-CCD offers improved on-chip lens performance (standard sensitivity of F10.0 at 2000 lux and a smear level of less than -130dB)
- Single-channel transfer system and spatial-offset processing technologies improve signal modulation depth, thus reducing moire
- 14-bit A/D converter and adaptive function vary the gamma correction to match the contrast within the image, creating clear, sharp images from dark to bright areas
- Hue preservation circuit prevents color loss in highlight areas
- Shoots in variable frame rates (4fps to 60fps in one-second increments) just like a film camera, thereby producing overcranking and undercranking speed effects
- A special CineGamma curve allows the CCD to produce the tonal beauty, natural gradation and rich colors of film recordings
- Exceptionally high sensitivity allows shooting in lighting as low as 0.015 lux (at +72dB gain)
- Environment-friendly, compact design with fewer parts and low power consumption
- Slot to add option card to expand capabilities for a wide range of applications
- Supports down converter and analog output unit
- Electronic Extender function (used with conventional lens extender) magnifies the image by 2 times