BFD2 from FXpansion is a virtual acoustic drum production workstation in its own right, while also adding additional functionality to the previous 1.5 version. The software functions either as a plug-in, or as a stand-alone application, and allows complete control over ten real drum kits, plus additional hi-hats, snares and cymbals.
The drum kits were recorded at London's legendary AIR Lyndhurst studios, using multiple microphones positioned around the kit and room. This provides the user with control over blending the various microphone sources, just like working with a real kit. For each drum type, in each kit, there are a number of different styles of "hits", with each of these sampled with up to ninety-six velocity layers, delivering exceptional realism.
BFD2 also incorporates over five-thousand ready-to-use MIDI Grooves presented in a variety of styles, feels and time signatures. The library features both programmed grooves and MIDI recordings of real drummers. These can be triggered in real-time from a keyboard or the program using the auto-shuffle and auto-fill features.
A software mixing console allows the user to blend, route, sub-mix and process the microphone channels, while built-in processors provide further sound shaping functionality. Effects include circuit-modeled dynamics, filters and distortion along with a flanger, bitcrusher, ring modulator, delay and other more.
Advancements within version 2 include many interface improvements, including an intuitive key-mapping editor, easier electronic drum setup and comprehensive management of kits and presets. Multi-channel audio export is now possible allowing for intuitive, quick and effortless export of individual Grooves.
BFD functions as follows:
- Stand-alone under ASIO and Core Audio
- Plug-in for applications supporting Audio Units, RTAS and VSTi for Mac OS X
- Plug-in for applications supporting RTAS and VSTi for Windows XP/Vista
Note! This upgrade is for registered users of BFD 1.5 who wish to update to BFD 2.0
All BFD 1.5 and expansion pack sound content is compatible with this BFD2 upgrade.
- Acoustic drum production workstation, plug-in or standalone
- Ten full kits, with extra snares, cymbals and more
- 55GB of multi-channel, 24-bit/44.1kHz audio
- Multiple microphone positions available
- Mid/Side room microphone set delivers anything from true mono to incredible sounding expanded stereo room sounds
- Expressive articulations with up to ninety-six velocity layers
- Hi-hats feature eleven articulations - snares include hits at the centre and halfway towards the edge
- EQ and FX suite containing everything from flanger, bitcrusher and delay effects to circuit-modelled dynamics, filtering and distortion
- Over five-thousand "Grooves" ready to play
- User import of stereo multi-velocity layer samples
- Audio routing from eight stereo and sixteen mono outputs into VST, RTAS and Audio Units hosts
- Built-in, multi-channel audio export
- Easy mapping for keyboard/pad controllers and automation
- Electronic drum triggering support including expressive hi-hats and snare positional sensing